Yamaha Talon SS K-19 3-blade prop (SOLD)

geeviam

For sale:  Like-New Yamaha Talon SS K-19 3-blade prop, with SDS hub.  Never touched bottom - No scratches or dings, used in fresh water only.  Blueprinted by Mark Croxton (was additional $240.00 cost).  Fastest 19 pitch I have ever run on my RF 16.  Balanced to perfection.  Located in Upstate South Carolina.  $390.00 - plus shipping

Reworked_Mark.jpg

21 minutes ago, dabear said:

Gary you may want to adjust the colors on your go tigers for some reason both the purple and yellow of the #1 tigers didn't show up correctly.  Nice look in prop .

Hahaha!  I triple checked, and that Clemson Orange is spot on Joe!  Who knows, maybe we'll see a Tigers vs. Tigers Championship Game for the season finale.  Gotta win one more to get there though!

18 hours ago, conocean said:

Wouldn’t this be a great prop for my F90? I just remembered that I haven’t used the last prop I bought....didn’t I buy it from you? 🤪

Hahaha, yes you did buy it from me!  If your F90 has the 1.33:1 gear ratio, I would think it would be a good fit.

18 hours ago, conocean said:

Gee- In your opinion, what would be the performance difference on my boat between the prop you’re selling now & the Yamaha Talon SS w/SDS 13 1/8 x 18p 3-blade? 

dabear- What do you think? 

I think the 18 pitch would work well as long as it doesn't hit the rev limiter.  Better hole shot but not as good for bow lift.  JMO.

Edit to add:  On my RF 16, the Talon SS 18 pitch was 3 mph slower at WOT (49 mph vs 52 mph with the 19 pitch), reached the rev limit easily, and fuel economy was not as good.  Now, you might have different results on a HPX 18, as it's a totally different setup, obviously.

Conocean , I am just guessing because I have never ran a Talon SS but I would guess the RPM would be approximately a 225 RPM difference between the two . I would ask Gary because he ran both props on his boat and more than likely took notes . Come on Gary give us some real world numbers .

• Like 1

Turns out Conocean still has the Talon SS 19 pitch prop that I sold to him a while back, and its still in the box and hasn't been used yet.  He's going to give it a try soon.  I really don't know the actual WOT RPM difference between the Talon SS 18 pitch and 19 pitch, because when I tested the props with a light load, they both hit the rev limiter on my VF115 SHO at 6400 RPM.  The best fuel economy I saw with the 18 pitch Talon SS was 6.9 MPG at 27 to 29 mph (3800 RPM).  The best fuel economy I got with the 19 pitch Talon SS was 7.4 MPG at 30 to 32 mph (3800 RPM).  Time-to-plane was 5 seconds with the 18 pitch, and 6 seconds with the 19 pitch.  Top speed at WOT (6400 RPM) with maximum trim and light load, was 49 mph with the 18 pitch, and 52 mph with the 19 pitch.

Gary

On 12/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, geeviam said:

Hahaha!  I triple checked, and that Clemson Orange is spot on Joe!  Who knows, maybe we'll see a Tigers vs. Tigers Championship Game for the season finale.  Gotta win one more to get there though!

I can’t enter the football conversation because my Bulldogs sucked this year. Go DAWGS 2020

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 7:51 PM, fishmanjj said:

I can’t enter the football conversation because my Bulldogs sucked this year. Go DAWGS 2020

Oh you can enter the football conversation your Dawgs got a taste of what LSU can do . Plus there season wasn’t that bad they are still ranked very high plus won a bowl game with out all there players . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HoneyB said:

Kerby gets to back to Play Bama next year. I got a Hondo that says they have one loss on the books for next year!

Yeah, maybe one loss - to CLEMSON!  😋

edit:  ...just talkin' trash HoneyB.  Bama losing Tagovailoa with the injury was devastating, to say the least.

Edited by geeviam
update

• 5 weeks later...
  • geeviam changed the title to Yamaha Talon SS K-19 3-blade prop (SOLD)