Birds

Lowcountry Joe

How are you guys keeping birds from crapping all over your boat when it's idle for a few days. I have a Gull Wing spinning around on the T Top  which works fine ,  but the rest of the boat , gunnels, casting platform, deck, and transom area are covered with droppings. I have a cover but the marsh rats seem to love it under the cover. The boat is on a lift which limits its my options. Any suggestions ??

Joe,

Google “motion activated bird deterrent“. Lots of choices that may work.

I live next to a bird sanctuary, and had daily bird squeeze. Hosed off daily....no problem. A couple years ago, I installed a motion activated rotating camera to keep an eye on the boat, and look down the river when we’re not there. As an unintended consequence, the squeeze decreased significantly. We still have occasional droppings, but I think it’s from flyovers, not perching.

Try stringing some mono across lift beams and other places that won’t inter fear with the use of the lift or the boat.  You see this at marinas with bird problems. When I was a yacht broker, had the same problem where I slipped several boats stern to the dock. Ran mono along the dock piling and problem solved.

had same problem at my home dock, side docking did the same. Also ran mono under top piping where birds perched, problem solved. Try it, 

1 hour ago, Reel Special 3 said:

Have tried those (2) in several locations on boat and mooring whips, found them useless. Great if they work for you.

• Like 1