RTIC coolers

SpencerforHire

Post some pics! Hesitant about these since they're a knock off of Yeti and there're already sooo many other brands out there, but the price and the interior room over the Yeti has me interested.

I don't really care about how long they hold ice, after all no cooler does a good job at holding ice in 100+ degree heat.

Plenty of other reasons, I use my 35 Yeti as a casting platform. It's also nice being able to really use the cooler and not worry about it tearing up, they're super durable. Also the Yeti doesn't need tie downs inside the boat as the feet are super grippy and its stay where you place it most of the time.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but here in SC the ice will not stay longer than a day or so in very hot summer days. The water is still cold yes, but I've never been blown away with how it keeps ice. I didn't mind paying the money for the cooler as it will last forever.

Now if I can get ethe same thing for half the price I'm interested in maybe another large cooler, but I'm big on you get what you pay for.

How to keep ice in a cooler:

1: buy good ice. Ready ice and ice from most gas stations is full of air and melts much quicker than solid ice or quality ice machine ice

2: pre cool the cooler or pre cool everything going in the cooler. A hot 12 pack and gallon of water will rob your ice trying to cool down.

3: I don't care what cooler you have, but no ice lasts long when a cooler is opened every 5 minutes at the sand bar. With that kind of use an igloo and Yeti do the same thing. The key is keeping it sealed and air tight. That's what keeps ice.

I have a Yeti and absolutely love it. I've also have a knock off Icon Rotomolded cooler and it works just as well. I'm curious to see a RTIC in person.

How to keep ice in a cooler:

1: buy good ice. Ready ice and ice from most gas stations is full of air and melts much quicker than solid ice or quality ice machine ice

2: pre cool the cooler or pre cool everything going in the cooler. A hot 12 pack and gallon of water will rob your ice trying to cool down.

3: I don't care what cooler you have, but no ice lasts long when a cooler is opened every 5 minutes at the sand bar. With that kind of use an igloo and Yeti do the same thing. The key is keeping it sealed and air tight. That's what keeps ice.

I have a Yeti and absolutely love it. I've also have a knock off Icon Rotomolded cooler and it works just as well. I'm curious to see a RTIC in person.

This is good advice. I have a plain old Coleman Extreme Marine. I prep it as mentioned by Lap It Up. When we go to the Bahamas for 7 days, it will keep everything cold. If we keep some filets we will have to add ice if we can find it. The best thing to have is a gallon jug of frozen water. It helps as much as anything. The cooler rules are, know what you want before opening the lid, get in and get out, no grazing with the lid open. I will say this cooler is much better than the Igloo that came with the boat.

Yeah the whole opening and closing thing is probably what does it for me. It's usually me, the wife, 9 year old and 5 year old reaching into the cooler for something or the other.

I do pre chill the drinks and this helps. I also dump the refrigerators ice into the cooler as its larger chunky ice. This helps a lot too.

I have noticed unlike my buddies yetis that the lid never gets stuck. Theirs is always stuck and they have to vent their drain plug in order to open the cooler. I've never had this problem and I'm not complaining.

I got the 35 and in hind sight should've got the 45 for a little more room. Instead I bought the Yeti bag hopper 20 and we carry both, that thing is awesome! We use it far more than the 35 not only for the boat, but also everyday use. For long boat days I pack both and am very happy with the set up. The bag makes it very convenient. It's a lot easier to lug the bag up onto the beach or sandbar out from the boat, it will hold a 10 lb bag of ice and about 15 drinks!

Archived