Too darned quiet

whichwaysup

2 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Either everyone is out fishing or boating or this forum is dying.  Anybody besides us frequent posters out there anymore?   

We all need to get more owners on this forum when we see them on the water.   

X2. Have not seen fishing reports posted forever. So I don’t think their out fishing, lol

• Like 1

The weather has not been all to great around here so the fishing reports are suffering. Between wind, fog, rain and some really cool days I have fished less the last 2 months than I can remember since having my Captains license of 25 years now.

Off season so most of us aren't out breaking things on our boats either so not much to complain about. We could probably get things noisy if we would touch on some topics like.

Costs of boats today.

Cost of insurance.

The amount of boat related theft.

The growing number of boats on the water.

The lack of marina growth, boat ramps, storage facilities.

I think I will start posting the FWC weekly LEO reports again. The amount of poaching and impaired operators always makes for good discussion.

• Like 1

I've been poking around several other forums, and there's not much activity on them either.  The weather here in SC has been cold, windy and wet for most of the Fall and Winter.  Working on repairs and upgrades to the boat now, so it'll be ready for Spring, which will be here before you know it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geeviam said:

I've been poking around several other forums, and there's not much activity on them either.  The weather here in SC has been cold, windy and wet for most of the Fall and Winter.  Working on repairs and upgrades to the boat now, so it'll be ready for Spring, which will be here before you know it.

With these low tides here in SC right now you should be on the water! Go find some schooled up fish.

• Like 1

We didn't have to Troy.  The artificial intelligence got it.  The AI is probably friends with Facebook. 

The company Facebook page is very popular.  However, being an old grouch, I don't spend the hours necessary to get friends and likes and smiley faces.

If owners want our sage advice, they know where to find us.

Marc

• Like 3

I haven't been fishing since before the holidays, so no reports lately from me.  I always have some winter projects around the house so those have at least been getting done. 

I have done a few things to the trailer lately though, new Goodyear Endurance tires, put solid stainless steel lug nuts on all wheels.  I needed to check all 4 of my brakes to make sure they're all working, so I put this 2x6 ramp together.  Easy peasey to lift the other wheel with no jacks to mess with.  All brakes still working, no issues.

IMG_4313.JPG

IMG_4316.JPG

On 2/10/2020 at 2:39 PM, all wet said:

I haven't been fishing since before the holidays, so no reports lately from me.  I always have some winter projects around the house so those have at least been getting done. 

I have done a few things to the trailer lately though, new Goodyear Endurance tires, put solid stainless steel lug nuts on all wheels.  I needed to check all 4 of my brakes to make sure they're all working, so I put this 2x6 ramp together.  Easy peasey to lift the other wheel with no jacks to mess with.  All brakes still working, no issues.

IMG_4316.JPG

Tell me more about those side curtains

• Like 1

I haven’t been on the water since the first of November. It’s a shame, too. All of my fishing buddies are still hammering the trout, reds, and flounder. Work and weather have combined to keep me off the water on the days that I would like to go. That being said, I MAY drop the boat in this weekend just to smell some marsh mud, and will fish a club tournament the following weekend if the weather holds. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nauti said:

Tell me more about those side curtains

It is just a strip of Sunbrella, hemmed top and bottom, and have a few loops spaced along the top edge.  I just tie some cord from the loops to hatch locks, poling platform leg, etc.  Put the boat cover on last and cinch it up tight.

The hull is black and the south facing side was getting some fading, so I just had my boat cover place make the shade piece.