Hydraulic Pumps and Controls for Accesories

MuddyBottomBluz

Getting ready to install a jack plate on my bay boat, but I got to thinking; where is the best, most convenient place to mount the pump and relays? Center console, if you get a leak or a busted hose it will make a mess. Take up a storage compartment and put it in there. Or with easy access to service put it in the bilge area high enough to be out of any water that may get in there. What have ya'll done and what does the factory do? 

3 minutes ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Take up a storage compartment and put it in there.

This will be the easy install...you can create a false wall to protect the pump from getting banged by something.

Just use some L-brackets with starboard on the bottom of the compartment and the same on walls..you can use of wing nuts to hold them in case you need to take it off.

In the center console is another option.....you should not have busted hoses that often....if you do, you got real problems...

In the bilge...you'll have rust and corrosion...

dc

8 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Getting ready to install a jack plate on my bay boat, but I got to thinking; where is the best, most convenient place to mount the pump and relays? Center console, if you get a leak or a busted hose it will make a mess. Take up a storage compartment and put it in there. Or with easy access to service put it in the bilge area high enough to be out of any water that may get in there. What have ya'll done and what does the factory do? 

Are you buying a Jack Plate? If so look at Bobs and Atlas. They have self contained Parker rams. No mess no fuss. If you "have" a hydraulic style then never mind. On another note my power pole ( hydraulic setup ) is factory installed on the starboard side in the bilge and has no problems. Very convenient.