Couple of questions RE: 2002 2200 live well and front boxes

canyonconch

Just bought a new to me 2002, 2200. I plugged the live well and water still made its way into the live well. Not sure how that happened but how the heck do you drain them once they are full?

Second, the upfront boxes, one appears to be a rod box (port side) and the other appears it can be a fish box (starboard side). Do the drains in either of those boxes drain to the bilge, or through hull?

Thanks for the help.

I could be wrong....but my two cents based on info provided:

1. The live well will continue to receive water if the petcock valve is not closed off, look for this in the starboard rear hatch where your thru hulls are located. You’ll see a water line coming from the valve to your livewell....be sure that valve is turned off.  Even if you do not turn on the pump and the valve is open.....you’ll get water flow while running.

2. All up front hatches on my 22 drain into the bilge. 

I hope this helps....JJ

The two forward storage boxes are not design for fish boxes, they aren’t insulated and drain into the bilge.

You have a number of options regarding fish boxes.

1.  Use the cooler under the leaning post.

2.  Use the smaller cooler in front of the console.

3.  Use the center bait well.

4.  Use the port side bait well.

I normally use one of the bait wells to hold my fish.  They are insulated and are easy to wash out.