Show your new style console elec layout

FINCHASER

5 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

Would love to see how everybody is laying out MFD, VHF and stereo on them so post some pics of yours.  Ive seen some put the small type stereo head units next to the 6yc gauge instead of on the face of the console.  Any alternate locations for the VHF other than an electronics box in the T top?

Beat me to it. I was going to post the same in the AM, lol

08433126-4E37-4A39-AD86-21872C7F1858.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

Looks good.... I assume thats a 10" MFD?  Looking a little tight space wise if going with a 12" but that VHF looks to be on the large size

7610 is a 10” unit. I don’t use it often, so I’m fine with the size. As for the VHF, I’ve never turned it on. The dealer installed it upon arrival, and I wish it were never there. A handheld would have been fine for me as I don’t leave the river (Jacksonville, FL) or the ICW. Tell me the dimensions of the unit you want to install and I call pull measurements, my boat is at my house. 

5 hours ago, BradM said:

This is all I have of the dash on this computer, but that's a Garmin 7610 on the left, JL Audio MM100s on the top right and Garmin VHF under that, I cant remember the model of the VHF, but it ties into my MFD. 

Console.jpg

Beautiful.....

But, I think you have more $ in your steering wheel, gauges, radio, and various GARMIN's than I have in my entire skiff :)

Well done !!!

DC

• Like 1

Very nice layout.

OFF TOPIC,

would love to see pics of what others have done to their boats to make them their own. Like diy projects added to boat. Had a member a few years back “HOBO” who built many Starboard items for his sled. He did fantastic work and great ideas. Miss his postings. Very inspiring and unique to say the least.

15 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

Id appreciate that Brad... 13.93" wide x 9.25 tall.  Really curious as to how much real estate is left if the unit is mounted on the farthest point of one side for mounting other electronics

Will do. I'll pull dimensions from the inside and snap a few pics. This will show the inside radii around the edges, which will be all telling. 

Thanks DC, but, but....I have no excuses. The timing was right, and it was an upgrade now or in 10 years thing, so we pulled the trigger. 

• Like 1

There's a 25 Hybrid listed in the for sale section with a 7612, which is a 12" screen and then pic PB Special posted...It's been raining for 2 days here and I didn't trek through my swamp of a backyard last night to get dimensions. Maybe tomorrow evening if it dries out by the time I get home. Sorry. 

On 2/25/2020 at 10:15 AM, fin-addict said:

Very nice layout.

OFF TOPIC,

would love to see pics of what others have done to their boats to make them their own. Like diy projects added to boat. Had a member a few years back “HOBO” who built many Starboard items for his sled. He did fantastic work and great ideas. Miss his postings. Very inspiring and unique to say the least.

I’ve posted several things in the past, but stopping to take pictures when “in the heat of battle” isn’t one of my strengths. Back when I had my 1900v, I made new seat bases from Starboard and covered them with Seadek, and remade and covered my seats and back rest. On the new 23, I posted a complete stereo install along with amp mounting solutions, etc. I think I did a battery clean up bit, too. Hobo had spare time that  a lot of us with young kids don’t, I know I’m preaching to the choir. I miss his input and his beneficial posts! Outside of “how to” compound, polish and wax your rig or add a Battery Tender plug to you tm, I haven’t don’t much. I am about to add an amplifier and sub, which doesn’t interest the masses, but I think building the sub enclosure will catch the eyes of a few. Coming soon....