2200V Pathfinder weight gain

wrhatt

I was reading some of the topics and discussions and came across a posting of someone who had previously owned  2002 22 foot Pathfinder and now owned a 2008 22 footer. He said there was a weight difference between the 2 boats and that he needed more HP to push the 2008. Does anyone no what year the weight of the boat went up? Thank you.

In 03 the design had some changes. Gunnel was widened, lg bow hatch added and maybe a few others made. Do not know if that add much wt. it also depends on what model he bought. That year 2008 there was a major design change you had the old style 2200 with a 20’ transom and the new and improved 2200xl with a 25’ transom, recessed tabs, higher deck for water drainage and made to handle the wt of 4 strokes. Hope this helps a bit. 😀️ Fin

FYI,

not smarter than the average bear, looked up the difference between the two 2008 22’s, LOL.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fin-addict said:

In 03 the design had some changes. Gunnel was widened, lg bow hatch added and maybe a few others made. Do not know if that add much wt. it also depends on what model he bought. That year 2008 there was a major design change you had the old style 2200 with a 20’ transom and the new and improved 2200xl with a 25’ transom, recessed tabs, higher deck for water drainage and made to handle the wt of 4 strokes. Hope this helps a bit. 😀️ Fin

That does help, thank you. I have a 2000 2200V with the side drains. A couple of people standing in the back and it takes on water. Not a problem for me because as you get underway the water goes out. However, it makes the wife nervous. She wants a boat that doesn't do that and i want to stay with a Pathfinder.

The Raybuds are the real deal. 90% or better on stopping the inflow of water through those scuppers. A big wad of seagrass or similar will allow water to leak back in until the clog clears. 

I had a 2003 22V with SHO 225. It would outrun any of the newer 22s with 250s. It was significantly lighter than the newer boats.