FISHING REPORTS

15 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

No

We got the last flight out of the country .

Moving to Chocko for a while now .

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ

Cool....no Corona in Choko....only Malaria from Mosquito bites (jajajaja). :)

I have heard the fishing has been good if you can find a point to yourself....last report said the line was down to the bridge from Outdoor Resorts last week for truck parking :(

The feeesssh will be under a lot of pressure and the constant roar of the skiffs during the day.....not good :(

Β 

dc

Β 

My son and I have been quarantining in Choko the past 9 days. Fishing has been excellent every day except we didn't bother fishing on Saturday due to all the traffic which was a lot of spillover from Flamingo closing. Were taking this morning off to replace TM batteries but will be back on the water this afternoon til dark. No boats where we've been fishing and thankfully no reports of COVID-19 down here either. May you all be healthy in these challenging times and remember to love the hell outta the ones you're with!Β 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, conocean said:

My son and I have been quarantining in Choko the past 9 days. Fishing has been excellent every day except we didn't bother fishing on Saturday due to all the traffic which was a lot of spillover from Flamingo closing. Were taking this morning off to replace TM batteries but will be back on the water this afternoon til dark. No boats where we've been fishing and thankfully no reports of COVID-19 down here either. May you all be healthy in these challenging times and remember to love the hell outta the ones you're with!Β 

Β 

How bad was OR after the weekend? Β Going tomorrow and hope to avoid the mess that was there on Saturday.Β 

14 hours ago, Big Dave said:

Bait shop is opened, limited days/hours. Β Give them a call. Β Fished yesterday afternoon until dark. Β Decent day. Β Lots of small snook, several trout, couple of reds, several chunky jewfish. Β 

Pretty vague, Anyone want to share where there are ramps and bait shops open??

Β 

19 hours ago, SkinnyH2O said:

Pretty vague, Anyone want to share where there are ramps and bait shops open??

Gotta get the secret Choko elbow bump to know :)

I think he is referring to Everglade Bait and tackle.....ramp is Chokoloskee Outdoor resorts....BTW, for anyone not familiar with the ramp or how to make your way back in (going out is usually easyΒ as you can follow someone)...it's not for first timers or those without FMT's...the area is full of oyster bars which lurk just below the black water....best place to launch for newbies is Rod and Gun at the Barron river...don't know if it's open.

Β 

dc

Β 

21 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Gotta get the secret Choko elbow bump to know :)

I think he is referring to Everglade Bait and tackle.....ramp is Chokoloskee Outdoor resorts....BTW, for anyone not familiar with the ramp or how to make your way back in (going out is usually easyΒ as you can follow someone)...it's not for first timers or those without FMT's...the area is full of oyster bars which lurk just below the black water....best place to launch for newbies is Rod and Gun at the Barron river...don't know if it's open.

Β 

dc

Β 

Rod and Gun Club is still open for business.

Not sure anyone can even read the water over there is some places.Β I think its more like trial and error, fix it and trial and error until you learn the way of the Choko. Local knowledge will save ya a lot of headaches.Β Β FMT could help. Its helped me in other places.Β 

I agree Rod and Gun isΒ my choice being a novice over there.Β 

3 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Not saying it’s funny or anything like that , but sitting on my front porch On Friday Sat and Sunday and hearing every other boat run aground made ya realize that people were getting an education on readingΒ the water .

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈΒ 

Yep, I paid my price on 3 skegs you have replaced for me over the last 15Β years :)Β  Β Two on the Pathy and one on the MA :)

Β 

Choko is not for the faint of stomach....I've been running the same "S" curve for 15 years and on a negative low a month ago, I got the WooowoooWoooo....I missed by 10 feet off my FMT as I wasn't paying attention....it was a Mud WoowooWoo and my buddy Coto was laughing his arse-off as I was over the side pushing it off the mud....Alex was doing the side to side shuffle as we were running the trolling motor, the engine blowing mud everywhere, etc...

After about 5 minutes, we moved off....it was not prettyΒ  :)

Nothing worse than runnning aground withiin the first 15 minutes on an outgoing tide that gona be a negative and the water pouring out.....I usually take chances on the incoming.....but, the out going....well, be prepared (LOL). And......Read the water.....errrr..it all looks the same to me (LOL) !!!

Β 

dc

Β 

Β 

There’s no excuse for running aground while usingΒ FMT on a consoleΒ mounted TV screen, Dino! 🀯😹 

I spokeΒ to a ranger yesterdayΒ that said the Feds are waiting for Collier county to make a decision about closing its boat ramps for public use due to the absurd amount of boats on the water this past weekend in the ENP and 10k Islands. The mayor of Glades City supposedlyΒ asked the county to consider shuttingΒ down southbound traffic at Hwy 29 &Β Hwy 41Β to all non-residents this coming weekend.Β If Collier county doesn’t make a decisionΒ soon then the Feds have not ruledΒ out shutting down ENP waters to recreational vessels. The ranger I spoke to said that last weekend was a total fiascoΒ and there were several dangerous situationsΒ involving boaters who were unfamiliar with the waters. Plus, the ranger observed thatΒ social distancing rules weren’t being followed at the ORA ramp by dozens of people. It didn’t sound good, ugh!Β 

Sure is quiet in ChokoΒ this week. Very similar to summer.Β Plenty of gas & bait available for purchase in Glades City; there was never a shortage. Few places serving take out food orders. Still no room rentalsΒ allowed at least thru the end of next week &Β Governor Desantis is supposed to extend the statewideΒ vacation rental ban for 2-4 more weeksΒ unlessΒ the state’s COVID-19 numbers start flattening out or going down.Β 

The good news is....fishing is on πŸ”₯πŸ”₯!Β Β May you all stay sane & healthy!!Β 

Β 

Helpful FL boat ramp link-Β 

https://atoll.floridamarine.org/dle_gis/javascript/boat_ramp_status/

Β