NOCO Gen4 Install

AntonRx

Hope everyone’s healthy these days. 
I got around to installing/mounting my onboard charger. Pretty simple (now that I moved the batteries under the console). 
Hid the bottom 2 screws under the pad  and used some starboard for backing strength. Everything is through bolted with SS lock nuts  

Im curious. It’s a 40amp charger (10/battery). When I have all 4 hooked up, will it be pulling 40 amps??!! This can’t be the case. I don’t know anyone that has a regular outlet with a 40amp breaker at their house. I must be missing something? 

D01854E2-7178-4342-80BC-EDCCAE4381AA.jpeg

72DB1010-8145-44E9-95C0-B56C689600B7.jpeg

60CE34D5-4994-4A8D-B3F9-816215316DC4.jpeg

On 3/13/2020 at 6:18 PM, AntonRx said:

Hid the bottom 2 screws under the pad  and used some starboard for backing strength. Everything is through bolted with SS lock nuts

Nicely done.....great to see more DIY on the forum....for me, the more DIY, the more I know how it works and can problem solve on the water if required.

DC

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 4:48 PM, Wanaflatsfish said:

Nicely done.....great to see more DIY on the forum....for me, the more DIY, the more I know how it works and can problem solve on the water if required.

DC

Thanks! That's how I feel too. Never know when you'll need to fix something out on the water.

• 3 months later...

I just did the same in my console a month or so ago with same charger.  The one comment I will make is that the charger gets pretty warm.  I am not sure why the little standoffs they have on the back of the charger are so short.  I added a small strip of starboard at screw locations to give the ability for more airflow.  My boat is stored inside so I can leave the door open when charging also.  

• 4 weeks later...