Hang tough

Capt. Troy

As many know ramps and marinas are being closed as we speak.

The ramp I use had officials taking pics and video last Friday. People were being complete fools around the ramp as well as the ramp groupies hanging out watching on the docks and crowding people. They had no need to be there at all but it sure made it look bad. Watchers crowding the ramps to the floating docks that are only 3 feet wide at the ramp entry. Deck boats still launching with 6 plus people in the group. There were 4 people on the floating dock ramp when I went to load the boat. I had to turn sideways to get my fat self between them. When I asked them to please move off the walk ramp after backing the trailer down one guy asked me if I owned the place. "Thank goodness this wasn't 10 years ago"💀

Out of state tags all over the place with people just hanging out.

Trash cans over flowing

I went by several popular sand bar and hang out spots while fishing and the places looked like ant hills.😩

No wonder we are having closures.

AS I was typing this just in from my marina.

Hello Anclote Village Marina Families!
We are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation very closely and are working to ensure we meet the needs of our customers as well as provide for the health and safety of our employees.  Per the CDC and the WHO, there is a social distancing protocol that states for individuals to maintain 6 foot distance from other individuals.  Due to many people being on extended time off, we are experiencing high volumes of customers at the marina. In order to ensure that our customers and our staff are protected, we are implementing some changes to our normal operations.
Effectively immediately, we will implement the following procedures at our marina:

• Boats will be launched in a staggered timing format1 boat per every 15 minutes.  We feel this staggered launching system will help us to adhere to the “social distancing rule” implemented by CDC and WHO.

•  There will be a limit of 1 to 2 people allowed to load boat at time of launch. Please have the rest of your party wait by your vehicles. Once you are loaded you can then call your party to the boat.  Please also make sure that you are respecting others 6 foot distance by waiting for the docks to clear. 

• A mandatory return time.  A staff member will give a mandatory return time to the person loading the boat.  Please make sure your boat is back on the dock at the time given.  Once your boat is back on the dock, all of your party will need to exit dock and not congregate.  Only 1 to 2 people will be allowed to unload boat on the dock.  This will also help us adhere to the “social distancing rule”.

We realize this is a trying time for everyone.  Our goal is to adhere to the policies laid out regarding COVID-19 and still be able to serve our customers responsibly.  We appreciate your help and patience during this time to ensure all of our safety.  If you have any questions, please call us at the marina and we will assist you. 

Ya know Capt., toilet paper,  hand sanitizer, boat ramps, idiots at the "sand bars", idiots on the water.....it never stops!! The few people who think ONLY of themselves are so pathetic.  A friend of mine in the Keys said the Miami scum, if I can use that word, were all over the Keys last weekend with jet skis, boats, etc. acting like idiots!! When does it stop!

Dang too bad!!...."Thank goodness this wasn't 10 years ago"💀...might have been fun to watch!!

• Like 2

Similar up in SC, due to tons of crowds on the water and sandbars, DNR is now out looking to keep boats dispersed.

no ramp closures announced yet thankfully.

I have an upcoming tournament I am waiting to see if will be cancelled and I am already counting on it being a rough summer for bookings due to this virus.

what can ya do though but go fishing and enjoy life as best you can. Some things you cannot control.