There goes my weekend !!!

RacerxV6

https://governor.sc.gov/news/2020-03/gov-henry-mcmaster-orders-public-access-all-beaches-closed?fbclid=IwAR05daOXkeUmHSFd3yXf3nAuaXeX8tw_4yG4V1fppLyPSBcP5ubrF8DkS6o

Once again, many responsible, considerate citizens suffer because of a few reckless idiots.  This really ***.

At least the fishing guides and folks with private waterfront properties will not be affected.  Glad for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paintman77 said:

Are guides considered commercial fisherman?  I have guide buddy who was informed he wasn’t covered under the “commercial” umbrella. 

Charleston, SC

I am working on clarifying that now. From what I have right, now which is not definitive: MTP says yes and Charleston says no. Seems to be inconsistencies with enforcement.

You are not considered commercial in Florida. Your registration should state for charter in Florida. You are not a provider of food, you are a provider of entertainment. I have shut down as I am not going to absolutely break the social distancing policy. It ain't worth it!

I am not going to fuss at you but you better think long and hard about the implications of the close contact with total strangers on a inshore boat..

😀🤪

17 hours ago, Shallowminded6 said:

Read on another forum, private ramps arent listed. Not sure if there are any near you. Im sure its coming(ramp closures) in my neck of the woods soon enough. 

So just today, a ramp that I am a member of is now following Gov. McMasters request and Portman Marina is also closing to the paying customers.  Folks that are on camp grounds prior to the order are still allowed to be on the water and anyone who has access via there homes are good to go.  Big Water Marina "of which I pay a yearly fee" also states that Marina tenants "of which I am not" are allowed on the water.  I should be able to get a ton of stuff completed at the house and will hit the water when this all blows over.

Stay safe fellow boaters.  Good news is I may have my 17' Non-mbg sold.  That means I can start looking at something bigger.

17 hours ago, smilemaker said:

The  members of the yacht clubs on Charleston  harbor are going to have a lot of new friends.

It's a  shame the weekend  fishing will pay the price of the party  crowd, but that seems to be the norm.

Agreed. Took the wife and kids out. Hung out on an islandand fished by ourselves. Wasnt anyone withing 1/4 mile or so. 

9CA79D2F-9951-42BE-83BC-1DAAC733D59A.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthernWake said:

I am working on clarifying that now. From what I have right, now which is not definitive: MTP says yes and Charleston says no. Seems to be inconsistencies with enforcement.

I don't understand people like that that want to challenge stuff.  I mean I get it to a degree.  But when it comes to people living or dying.  Don't be an A.

If you  read the governor's order it only refers to commercial fishing. If a guide is a commercial fisherman he would have numerous rules and regulations that he doesn't want. 

I would not push the issue. Common sense  tells you not to have a charter.

In SC it is recommended for Dentists to perform emergency  care only.  Not against the law to do routine dentistry but heaven help you with lawyers and state board if a patient claims he got virus in your office.  You might have to fish for a living.

6 minutes ago, Shallowminded6 said:

They seem to be in South florida. Might be a state by state or county by county thing.  

They are not and are playing games at this point. This is state law and registration.

Their time playing this game is limited

A registered charter boat in Florida is not a commercial vessel if registered properly. Some may get away with it as dual permit holders.

You can not gather if your paying attention and there is no protocol in place for guided trips. The operators and the clients ain't real smart at this point.

These are strangers getting in close proximity, not family members.

I can't get the Fn bank to deal with matters of my very ill father under hospice care and people want to go play on a charter.

By the way, Disney is closed.

20 minutes ago, Capt. Troy said:

They are not and are playing games at this point. This is state law and registration.

Their time playing this game is limited

A registered charter boat in Florida is not a commercial vessel if registered properly. Some may get away with it as dual permit holders.

You can not gather if your paying attention and there is no protocol in place for guided trips. The operators and the clients ain't real smart at this point.

These are strangers getting in close proximity, not family members.

I can't get the Fn bank to deal with matters of my very ill father under hospice care and people want to go play on a charter.

By the way, Disney is closed.

I didnt read the order. Just read what others were posting on and local news (TCPALM). Some guides were still going out. Not saying it isnt changing. Maybe the area had more lenient LE or used private ramps I dont know. Not something I would personally do either, or reccomend. Just saying what other people choose to do is what they are doing. I am referencing Treasure Coast FL news.