Charter Lakes Insurance

DonV

Anyone else get the "Dear John" letter from Charter Lakes that they will not renew your current policy?? Seems they are "remarketing" my insurance to another company. Have to see how that goes. Anyway, months ago I received a letter from GEICO/BoatUS wanting my boat insurance business. Well I called and they were very professional and were able to match all my present coverage, except for a Bahama's rider, for less money.

Just to let you know!

I got the same letter from Gallagher Charter Lakes and worked with them to revise what they offered as replacement in particular the value and medical coverage and my agent was able to get both back to where it was and their quote was still 400 bucks less than State Farm where I have auto covered so thinking Im staying. The company they replaced the coverage with is A rated and looks good on paper. Im an anti Progressive person based on past auto experience when I got rear ended and they were awful so not a lot of options.

2 hours ago, DonV said:

Anyone else get the "Dear John" letter from Charter Lakes that they will not renew your current policy?? Seems they are "remarketing" my insurance to another company. Have to see how that goes. Anyway, months ago I received a letter from GEICO/BoatUS wanting my boat insurance business. Well I called and they were very professional and were able to match all my present coverage, except for a Bahama's rider, for less money.

Just to let you know!

I have had them for a long time and they have a ton of my money from 2 boats

5 K a year on the Rampage commercially insured for 15 years. Declining deductible for no claims down to zero. Yep, 80K since I owned the boat and they just told me to pretty much F off.

I hope they DIE!

• Like 1

Progressive has been very good to me too....worth a look and they didn't blink at an obscure Italian 18' 165lb catamaran racing sailboat which permanently secured my business.  They also paid out an $1,800 claim on a stolen sail (just bought it, laid it on the boat at a resort in the Keys, gone the next morning) for said boat with no deductible.  Naturally, my Hewes is insured with them.