Amazing IMS & Stealth charger customer service

conocean

I’ve recently had an issue with my trolling motor batteries not getting juice from my Stealth ac/dc charger. I called Bob @ Inshore Marine Specialties (IMS) and he gave me the preliminary rundown of what to check since he is not opened for business right now. After doing what Bob said & still not figuring out the issue, I called the owner of the company (Danny?). He had me test every connection possible while on the phone with him. When he determined what he thought was the problem he still had me test all the ground connections just to be sure. After almost 1.5hrs on the phone, he was right on the money....the charging transfer wire was bad. It was so heavily corroded that a 6’ piece of the wire broke as I tried to pull a new wire thru. The Stealth customer service rivaled the awesome service I’ve gotten at Power Pole in the past. Both are amazing companies with proud people running them. I’ll never be without both products installed on my skiff by Bob@IMS! Thanks guys!! 

www.chargeontherun.com

www.inshoremarinespecialties.com

• Like 2

Danny is spot on. Had similar issue and he walked and talked and tested me thru...ummm it wasn't my Stealth system it was my outboard engine rectifier but he pinpointed it by telling me what to test. Call to Boathouse Marine and part on the way. Danny is superior to power pole in that John O. doesn't answer the phone at Power Pole yet Danny does 😁 but agreed they are both good.

My Stealth was rigged May 2013 and has never had an issue. My calls to Danny have been for questions/knowledge only. Changed out batteries last week for the first time. I still remember his exact words on battery advice 7 years ago. “Get wet cells from Wally World and be happy.” Me, I could not stoop to that world so l run Interstate wet cells.

How long do your wet cell batteries typically last, Bernie? I’ve gotten no less than 5 years out of the 34M Optima house battery & PC1200 Odysseys while using the Stealth. My first Stealth helped those same trio of batteries last over 6.5yrs in my old 17MA. The yacht owner that bought it from me finally had his Capt change them after 8 years & they were still working fine! 

On 4/16/2020 at 6:06 AM, conocean said:

How long do your wet cell batteries typically last, Bernie? I’ve gotten no less than 5 years out of the 34M Optima house battery & PC1200 Odysseys while using the Stealth. My first Stealth helped those same trio of batteries last over 6.5yrs in my old 17MA. The yacht owner that bought it from me finally had his Capt change them after 8 years & they were still working fine! 

I got seven years on the ones I just pulled and they were still holding voltage. The house was a 27M-XHD and the TM's were XRM-27's (Interstates). I replaced with the same crank and moved up to 31's for the TM's. Most people would have kept running them and they may well have  lasted a couple more years. I was starting to see reduced voltage numbers at full charge after rest. Not bad but lower. They did OK with a load test. Previous inshore boat, also with a Stealth, had wet cell group 27 Deka's  that were over 6 years when I sold the boat. I am not on the AGM train. The specs vs good wet cells are no better. AGM's cost more and weigh more and I do not believe they would last much if any longer. I have tried to convince myself to change over but just cannot get there.  I have had no corrosion issues and adding water a few time a year allows me to check them for it along with the connections.