Skiers/Tubers behind a 2300 w/a Powerpole

Labuenavida

• Labuenavida changed the title to Skiers/Tubers behind a 2300 w/a Powerpole
20 minutes ago, Bamaskeet said:

If you run a line with a float between the transom lifting eyes, the Powerpole would not be in the way.

Agreed! They actually sell them just for that purpose, Just a small rope with hooks for the lifting eyes and a ring in the center to connect the tow line. I was going to respond earlier but forgot what...................wait; a ski bridle, that is what I think they are called. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

14 hours ago, Labuenavida said:

Has anyone tried this or does anyone do this?  Wondering if the powerpole will get in the way using the transom tie down brackets.

It should work....JUST REMEMBER ONE THING.....

ANYTIME THE TUBERS OR KIDS ARE IN THE WATER NEAR THE BOAT.....PLEASE TURN OFF THE ENGINE....DO NOT LEAVE IT IN IDLE...IF SOMEONE SLIPS AND HITS THE THROTTLE FORWARD OR REVERSE...IT COULD RUN OVER THE SWIMMERS...LOTS OF ACTIVITIES ARE HAPPENING WHEN SWIMMERS ARE IN THE WATER....KIDS ANXIOUS TO JUMP IN, PUSHING, SHOVING, ETC...BEEN THERE........A ROPE COULD TANGLE IN THEIR LEGS, PULL THEM UNDER, THE LIST GOES ON......HAPPENS EVERY YEAR HERE IN SO. FLA.

I ALWAYS TURNED OFF THE F150....ANYTIME THE KIDS WERE WITHIN 3-40 FEET OF THE BOAT....THEY WOULD SWIM OVER...

SORRY FOR THE CAPS...BUT, TOO MANY FORGET THIS....

DC

• Like 1

19 hours ago, localangler said:

Reread the post above! That can't be over emphasized about swimmers and propellers. I think a falling swimmer could still get cut good on my prop.  

This falls into simple Boatmanship category, if the driver does not have the experience then they should have no reason for pulling a tube and having people in the water anywhere near a running boat, and one that is off that can be turned on by operator error. A man/woman has to know their limitations!