Opinion on this boat

fin-addict

Looking for information on a 2002 Redfisher 18. (1810). Has a 02 trailer and 02 150 Vmax with approx 858 hrs. Says to be in very good condition but could use a good detailing. Have seen pictures only and looks good. Asking 15,500 but will take 14k. Has TM. No gps, JP, PP. Needs a little cosmetic work on top of console where a gps was mounted. If interested can be seen on FB Marketplace under Hews Redfisher, Port Charlotte, Fl. Any pros or cons to this sled. Son has interest in it. Thanks much. Fin

motor just serviced, in excellent condition, new gasket, t stats, poppet valve.

2 new trim tab actuators 

new steering and throttle cables

I had one that exact year and motor...is it forest green two tone? It was a great boat the first one my kids learned to fish out of, very stable. It was fast also, with a Yamaha M21 I was doing 55-57 depending on conditions and load. It had a great amount of storage and it drafted reasonably well but still heavy to pole. I had the same as above with a jack plate the only difference was mine had a negative wedge which really made a difference on hole shot. Instead of the bow going way up before planing it would keep the bow more down for a faster more level plane.

I owned the same boat only a 2003 with a F115.

Very durable skiff.....no JP, trolling batteries in the console under the seat....lots of storage.....heavy draft 11-12" and as Coto says, not really an upwind poling skiff.

The only thing that drove me crazy was the lid hatches that tended to rattle...

A good entry skiff for the $$$$

dc