Little milestones

whichwaysup

Is there a trim and tilt motor that doesn’t squeal ?  I only had one that leaked on a OX66 200 but it had 1300 hrs on it when we changed it out. Other than that...my Yamahas 90 hp, F150 hp, 200 hp and F250 have all squealed at some point of use. But no leaks other than one mentioned which was 7 years old then.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SouthernWake said:

The ultimate luxury.... fully working trailer lights.

Ha!!   So fricken true.  But mine are all working at the moment.   10 bucks says once my tilt/trim stops leaking, my trailer lights will start going out.   Or a light on the boat.  100% work now, but the universe must balance light and dark, and I must be screwing up the balance.     

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Ha!!   So fricken true.  But mine are all working at the moment.   10 bucks says once my tilt/trim stops leaking, my trailer lights will start going out.   Or a light on the boat.  100% work now, but the universe must balance light and dark, and I must be screwing up the balance.     

Savor it!

i bought a brand new trailer, have done full rewires with dedicated grounds etc and nothing seems to last.

3 hours ago, SouthernWake said:

The ultimate luxury.... fully working trailer lights.

Wow....now that’s one thing that I do not have.....my trailer gets dunked once or twice a week and it seems as though it never has all the lights working at one time.... I’ve tried everything from a $19 to a $49 dollar each  waterproof lights LED and they work about three months...and yes, I thoroughly rinse with fresh water after every trip. It’s been rewired and grounds checked also. I’ll buy two new lights and be so proud....they will work fine for a while and then one day you hook up trailer and WHAM , one is not working...or either only half of the LED’s are lit up within the encased light fixture. However....if I have one working when I hook up before daylight...we are headed to the river. If none of them are working.....we are still headed to the river with a clip on red lens flashlight hanging on a fender. 👍🎣

• Like 1

Trailer lights that work every time , all the time .

Get the post leds .

Get an extension cord .

Get rid of the side marker lights as they are the weak link .

Put some red and white marker tape on the sides .

Connect the lights , with the extension cord , all the way to the top of the post , out of the water .

Run extension cord up to the hitch and connect the plug .

Again out of the water .

Your lights will work every time , all the time .

At least 10 years on the same lights .

My $.02 !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

• Like 2