Trolling Motor Mounting

Paintman77

So I removed my trolling motor to redo the non-skid on the bow of my 04' 2200v.  The motor is an early model ST 54" shaft.  Stick with me here......The previous owner had the trolling motor mounted on the front 4 holes of the quick release in order to provide them the reach to clear the rubrail when deployed, it always drove me crazy, looks disproportionate.  Once I removed the motor to repair the deck I moved the quick release directly under the trolling motor using all six bolts instead the 4 mentioned earlier.  Once I started to fit the motor in the deployed position to decide the pucks mounting location, the puck was almost off the edge of the bow while still only clearing the rubrail by 1/4".  I see now why the Previous owner mounted the way they did.  My question is ...... Are the new model Terrova motors longer in the base allowing you to mount the puck further on the bow while still allowing clearance of the rubrail.  I think the motor is a 2009.  I hope all of this makes sense.  I guess i could've posted photos but i already moved the mounting bracket to where it should be.

20 hours ago, Paintman77 said:

My question is ...... Are the new model Terrova motors longer in the base allowing you to mount the puck further on the bow while still allowing clearance of the rubrail...

I have owned a bunch of MK and MG over the years and now a Rhodan with the same boat ...and here is the interesting part...every one would take the same ole MK quick release and puck never had to be moved. So...with that said...I don't think the new motor bases have changed over the years SINCE they moved to the "new" 4 bolt puck style. The "new" "as in maybe last 10 years 🤷‍♂️)  pucks use 4 not 6 bolts. And...with all that said...if I ever had a mount issue I would have a custom one made rather than attempt to maneuver it somewhere it may best not fit. The fab guys have gotten clever and good and fabs out of stainless and aluminum now. So many advantages to offset trolling motors these days. The old adage it has to be on the pointy end of the bow is dated me thinks. Just toss it as an option as it is my next setup when I have to redo my deck. Not mine but local guy who does these got me thinking...just food for thought....prob not the set up you would want on a Pathy and hey your post need a pic 😁

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 8.29.08 AM.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Someone posted a link to an adjustable mount a while back. Basically, it slides front to back about 6" to allow the motor to stay inside the boat when stowed, then adjust forward to allow the shaft to clear the rubrail when deployed.

Just saw that advertised the other day. Think it’s call, store and slide or such. Interesting idea.