New to me 1810V, need trailer setup advice

Shane 1810V

Current trailer bunks need to be replaced. Currently it has two bunks about halfway up the dead rise that lose contact in front of the center console.

Other pics I've seen of this setup show two bunks as far apart as possible in the rear and two more closer together towards the front.

A local trailer shop said the current position and number of bunks is fine. But with the bow strap unhooked I can move the bow up and down a good bit with one hand.

no idea why pics are inverted...

0424201733.jpg

0428201955a.jpg

0428201954.jpg

Shane, it appears that you have one set of bunks that run the full length of the boat hull. This will never work correctly because of the shape of your hull.  You need a second set of bunks that sit inside the original bunks. They would run from the second cross member to the third cross member. It's an easy DYI project.

I found that out when I got started on it.  I wound up installing a new set of bunks on the widest part of the hull and a second set at the bottom.  I had to raise the boat up a couple of inches to get enough clearance. 

Do I need something under the bow too?  

0503201823~2.jpg

0502201654_HDR~2.jpg

0502201655a_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 1

that looks like very solid work. Nice job. one might think a little roller up front might help guide the boat on the trailer but i would not let it sit high enough to have a lot of weight on it. load it a couple of times and see how she acts. it will likely align just fine on the bunks you have already installed.

Trailer set up uses a little common sense.

The bunks need to be under the strongest points= stringers and keel.(position looks good)

The boat needs stabilty bow to stern no rocking horse = bow to stern support(this is where it coul be improved)

As said it needs a support on the forward cross beam. There are several parts on the market but make sure you have good even contact.  Some parts have a v gude that will help toguide it on.