Trolling Motor Breaker Between Batteries

JPizzle

I currently have a 24v trolling motor setup and am working  on the rewire to 36v. While rerouting Wires and labeling, I noticed that where traditionally the jumper from the + to - would be is where the wires are routed to the breaker. Effectively there is one battery between the breaker and the battery. This is how the boat was rigged when I purchased it and when changing batteries in the past I just hooked back wire for wire as before as I didn’t think to look further and it was all neat. 
Seems like the breaker should be between the last battery and motor on the positive side, but in reality the circuit would be broken still with this breaker configuration. Has anyone else seen it this way before. 

I have never seen one done that way. I would change it.  Mine is 6 gauge wire ( Orange ) from the positive side of the 36 volt bank to the 50 amp breaker in my glove box. From the breaker directly to the anchor locker battery tender plug and 6 gauge wire ( black ) from the negative side of the 36 volt bank directly to the anchor locker battery tender plug.   The small yellow and orange wires are from my Stealth 1 charger and the other large black and red/yellow wire are connected to my selector switch position 2 to be used as a backup house.

Inshore Marine did this 8 years ago. There is a cover that closes this box. Gives me no worry storage in my console.

20181219_171216.thumb.jpg.56ac060f67a8ed8fe72dec5acae87657.jpg

The wiring is all 6 ga and a 60 amp breaker. That was the only item that seemed different than what I assumed to find. Just seemed atypical. Plan to redo it all while in there and have a sheet of starboard to make a box/base for the 4 batteries. 

10 hours ago, JPizzle said:

The wiring is all 6 ga and a 60 amp breaker. That was the only item that seemed different than what I assumed to find. Just seemed atypical. Plan to redo it all while in there and have a sheet of starboard to make a box/base for the 4 batteries. 

ln my 2005 Pathfinder, I held 4 series 31 batteries...they are super heavy...

In the console, I screwed in a 1/4" piece of aluminum over the entire base of the floor to provide some additional support to the starboard box.

I didn't make a full bux, but, more like a box that only was 2" high on each side (you have to lift the batteries over the edges to place them....and, OH by the way, be sure you have all your Pos and negatives line up properly so you don't have lift them back out....ask me how I know this :)   :(

I ran  36V off the three batteries, my main starter and house off the single 31 at the end of the group...I also, connected the standard set up of the 1/2/ALL Perko switch so in the event that series 31 house went low,  I could jump it over....trust me, unless you are running 3 live wells all day, that 31has lots of reserve capacity.

you should have an in line breaker off the positive line to the trolling motor plug....there are many different on line schematics which describe what I'm speaking about...

I suggest you lay out everything with your jumpers etc. and be sure you torque down the bolts.

Good luck....send some progress pics.

dc