Boat Cover Recommendations Wanted

CRD Dawg

Morning all,

Been on the hunt for some time for a Master Angler 18.5 and am close to wrapping up a deal and hope to take delivery in the next few weeks (owner is helping facilitate the addition of a new trailer into the deal as the current one was unfit to make the 275 mile trip to GA). More to come on that once it’s 100% final. In the meantime, I’m looking into boat covers, as it will sit in my driveway and it is currently living indoors with the current owner. Also, the boat does NOT have a poling platform, so that would potentially change the profile needed. Anyone have any recommendations? Thank you!

If you do not want to go with the custom made $1200 types.....I’ve had good luck with the fit of a Carver with my Pathfinders. My main reason initially was to keep leaves out...but, I have grown to appreciate how clean the boat is when I take the cover off. This cover was on sale at about $400 and has lasted 5 years so far. 

F2219338-34AC-47CE-96CC-8F7C1E7F3127.jpeg

Awesome. Thanks guys. Looking into it now. Question - I’m seeing a 7oz, 8oz & 9oz. Not exactly sure what that means but obviously it has something to with fabric thickness and/or protective factors. For some reason, the 8oz is cheapest, then 7oz, then 9oz is the most expensive. Any opinions on what is best bang for buck? Would be in the sun for about 50-60% of the day where it will sit, with most of sun exposure being hot afternoon sun. Plan to get light gray, silver or tan to hopefully reduce heat absorption. 

8oz Performance Poly Guard  - cheapest

7oz Sun-Dura  -   just slightly more expensive than the 8oz

9.25oz Sunbrella Acrylic -  most expensive by a notable margin

• Like 1

The one you see in my pic is the Sun-Dura...in light gray....and it’s going on 5 years old now. It drys very fast after a rain. I had to pull a dock line from front cleat to the windshield to form a “ roof “ over the bow section because the water from rain would settle between the front hatch and console....but once I made me a custom fit to size 1/2” rope from windshield frame to bow cleat....problem solved. 

Awesome thank you! Great idea on the rope! I was also conceptualizing something to put in each rod holder on either side of the console to keep pressure off the chart plotter since it will be the high point in the center of the boat. Got some bamboo in my yard - maybe a 3ft section of bamboo with a wiffle or tennis ball mounted on top? That would create a peak, keep pressure off the chart plotter and hopefully wouldn’t stress the fabric? Kind of like a big lollipop. Not sure if that would put unwanted pressure on the rod holders or fiberglass on the side of the console. Or maybe some sort of upside down U-Shaped contraption with PVC pipe to fit in the rod holders with a section of pool noodle as padding. Just a couple ideas I’m mulling around while I got some time...

• Like 1

I have two 18” pieces of 3/4” pvc pipe in the two outside rod holders in my leaning post. I just cut a slot in a tennis ball 🎾 and stuck one on top of each pvc pole....that gave me enough lift on the back of cover to prevent water pooling in cover between the windshield frame and the top of the outboard motor. I’m sure there will be a few modifications you’ll be doing also, just wait till after the first big rain, and you’ll see what’s needed .