2015 Yamaha VMAX SHO 200

RacerxV6

Anyone have any news, information on whether these motors for this year are prone to exploding.  I am looking at a 2015 that blew at 300 and was completely rebuilt to 2019 specs.  Not sure what that means other than it tells me that that year motor must of had some sort of flaw to cause early failure and in the rebuild they corrected it.  Seller has kept boat immaculate and has all paper work for rebuild and also transferable warranty.  I was wanting to hit some of you up since a lot of you run these Yami's.  

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

1 hour ago, linesider 159 said:

Rebuilt or replaced? Rebuilding a 4 stroke, especially a sho, is nearly impossible unless they put an entire new powerhead on it.  Send link to boat if you can

I would hope replaced, I will have more conversation with him today.

Hopefully it will be available when I get out of work today.  He told me yesterday that he had a water test today.  I am not keeping my hopes up to high.....i really think it will sell, if it does get gone, i just continue my trek forward for another one or just bite the bullet and go new.  That setup is really what I am looking for though.

11 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

Rebuilt or replaced? Rebuilding a 4 stroke, especially a sho, is nearly impossible unless they put an entire new powerhead on it.  Send link to boat if you can

Where you working at Shane?

Sounds like a overheat to me.

Just re-powered with another 250 SHO. The motor never failed me in 10 years . It was one of the first ones built and I bought it direct from Yamaha.

I really do not believe you can rebuild any of the 4.2 engines with the plasma cylinder blocks. I may be wrong but I wouldn't touch one rebuilt.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:54 PM, Capt. Troy said:

Where you working at Shane?

Sounds like a overheat to me.

Just re-powered with another 250 SHO. The motor never failed me in 10 years . It was one of the first ones built and I bought it direct from Yamaha.

I really do not believe you can rebuild any of the 4.2 engines with the plasma cylinder blocks. I may be wrong but I wouldn't touch one rebuilt.

We're the ones that just repowered your Mav! 

• 4 weeks later...