HPX-T history

SthurmanFW

Corona Quarantine musings of mine, love to hear what knowledge is out there...

What year did the HPX-T get the redesign to the shorter, more forward poling platform, 2010?

Were there any other redesign years?

Also, What year was the hull discontinued and why? I'm guessing because it wasn't selling well?

It is such a unique design and in my opinion I think many have tried to duplicate it but none have succeeded.

Is there ever any chance they would bring back another tunnel hull of some kind?

Thanks!

They made a few changes in 2010 for the 2011 model year.  The back deck was made a bit bigger and the hatches were reconfigured in a much better way. The live well was made bigger and moved to the center.  The bigger deck allowed for the seat cushion to sit in front of all the hatches, so you don’t have to flip the cushion forward to open any of them. That’s a really nice convenience compared to the older models.  The platform is smaller and more forward as you suggested, and a jack plate was an option from the factory for the first time. I believe this was also the first year the F70 motor was available.  I don’t believe there were any changes to the hull. There were a couple other minor things, but I think I got the main ones. 

i don’t know the last model year for the HPXTs. Maybe about 2016. The resale value on the used ones have gone up nicely since they stopped production.