Hatch in floor will not stay dry (2400)

Smoak352

On 5/21/2020 at 6:49 AM, geeviam said:

Just curious...  Does it drain overboard or into the bilge?

Drains to the bilge. My front step storage (the insulated one) drains to the bilge as well. I use for a fish box on near shore trips. I don’t mind the back one going to the bilge, but it’s weird the fish box does as well. I’ll usually throw some bleach down there when I clean the boat up after using the fish box 

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2020 at 10:43 PM, PMartin2400TRS said:

Drains to the bilge. My front step storage (the insulated one) drains to the bilge as well. I use for a fish box on near shore trips. I don’t mind the back one going to the bilge, but it’s weird the fish box does as well. I’ll usually throw some bleach down there when I clean the boat up after using the fish box 

Wait only one of the front storage spots is insulated? Which one?  I found it weird only one of them has a locking hatch.

Front livewell fills with rain water and the drain is in the front, what genius designed that? How many people keep their boat on a trailer with the front end down? At least the leaky floor hatches have the drain in the rear.

The two long rod hatches have the lowest spot in the rim at the rear outside corner, water just sits there forever, again lousy design. Unless major improvements are made this is definitely my last MBG boat, plus their pricing has gotten ridiculous compared to the competition.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...