23HPS, 2500 & 2600 structure scan transducer help

FINCHASER

Im not getting a full return on the port side structure scan image.  I think the transducer may be to high and the beam is being blocked by the sponson the motor is mounted on.... the installer was supposed to mount it more to the left right next to the bunk, I hope that spot will work as I dont want to anymore toward the center line.  Can any owners of the boats listed show a pic of a location thats confirmed to work for structure scan (on transom only as I dont prefer a jackplate mount or mount to the sponson)

20200524_102056.jpg

20200524_101942.jpg

12 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

I think the transducer may be to high and the beam is being blocked by the sponson the motor is mounted on

I think you're right Finchaser.  The transom pod that the motor is mounted to, is probably blocking the SideScan abilities of the transducer.  And, from the drawings I've seen in the installation manual, it looks like your installer mounted the transducer too low in the water, with no room to raise it.  I am also struggling to find the best spot to mount my StructureScan transducer on my Redfisher.  Is this your only transducer, or do you have an additional Downscan transducer?  Reason I ask is because I think I'm going to mount the smaller Depth/Temp/Downscan transducer at water skimming level to read when running on plane, and mount the StructureScan transducer on the ceiling of the pocket (centered), which will be used only when the boat is not on plane.  You might want to do the same thing and have two transducers.  You could mount the StructureScan up under the transom pod nearer to the keel like you wanted, and it would not disturb the water stream ahead of the prop because it's out of the water on plane.  You could mount the smaller DownScan transducer on the transom, skimming on the water stream, within one foot from the StructureScan (like the manual instructs), and you would have the vital info you need when running at high speed.  That's what I'm thinking I should do anyway.

It looks like it needs go almost where mine is to clear the motor sponson for the  side scan signal , but with that angle I don’t know if the bracket  will even fit where I have mine,  you need to get below or behind that V if want it work left and right.  Good luck  

Terry S is correct. When dealing with sidescan you must look to the left and right and nothing can be lower.

From the side picture the V just above the plug is the limiting factor so right next to the plug is the best place but there you have to consider the interference on the prop.

From the old days of sidescan you could find out just where on the unit each crystal was. I have not heard any talk about the layout of crystals on these new 3 in 1 transducers.

• 2 weeks later...