Getting Back In Game with 17T - Post me your upgrades

Wanaflatsfish

Jupiter Inlet in the summer, BIG snuke! Sounds like a plan. If we get swamped it's only 50 feet to shore.😄

dh

And only knee deep.

Congrats.

Man, how time flies, doesn't seem like 4 years has p***ed by that fast.

Yep, just too hard with my travel schedule to coordinate trips with buds...so, decided to get back in the game with a skinny mini for choko and Flamingo.

dc

Dino & Donh: Congrats for getting back in the game!

I've fished aboard two different 17T's in Flamingo for a total of about 7-8 days on the water, with and without a TM on the bow. As RobVan alluded to, the boat does ride a bit rough and it's definitely wet. My biggest observation was that you want the boat to run as high up in the water column as possible. That hull design appeared to hate added weight and must be well balanced to track good while poling.

Enjoy the new toy! Ya'll are gona luv getting skinny in that little rig :thumbup:

Dino & Donh: Congrats for getting back in the game!

I've fished aboard two different 17T's in Flamingo for a total of about 7-8 days on the water, with and without a TM on the bow. As RobVan alluded to, the boat does ride a bit rough and it's definitely wet. My biggest observation was that you want the boat to run as high up in the water column as possible. That hull design appeared to hate added weight and must be well balanced to track good while poling.

Enjoy the new toy! Ya'll are gona luv getting skinny in that little rig :thumbup:

thanks...yes, we are working on limiting the boat to no more than 10-15 rod holders, 3 batteries, and 50 lbs of chum at any given time.... :)

Yes, we are bona run her a bit different...but, gotta have a PowerPOle and TM :)

All the rest is window dressing :)

seriously,

where they side or center console Paul...

The one I'm buying is a side console and love the room to walk about...legs a bit cramped...but, everything is a trade-off.

I used to fish with Peter Babb...so I know the 17T will beat you up, but, as Peter taught me, they run so shallow you just hug the mangroves and stay out of the wind and go the long way...but, you do need frog togs on any day with more than a 10 mph breeze.

I don't plan on running it down to past LostMan, so coming back is usually up in the bights and if it's nasty, just tuck inside and run the Lopez or Turner home....

Should be fun....she'll be home on Saturday and I'll post pics.

dc

Archived