Bait traffic jam in stand pipe notch

qdup

I've had trouble with bait in the livewell of my '19 Redfisher spilling over the top of the clear notch guard and jamming up all around the stand pipe. Anyone else had this issue or find a solution? Thinking about having a taller guard fabricated so the bait can't go over the top.

Thoughts?

Livewell.jpg

Yup that's not good.

Id cut a piece of plastic to fit that small area and 4200 it. Drill alot of good size holes in it. Leave enough of a space between it so you can still remove your clear cover.

Maybe try it out for a day with some duct tape to make sure you dont overflow before the 4200. if overflowing i think id enlarge those 6 top holes in the clear cover and try it again. fun project good luck.

22 minutes ago, captpn said:

Yup that's not good.

Id cut a piece of plastic to fit that small area and 4200 it. Drill alot of good size holes in it. Leave enough of a space between it so you can still remove your clear cover.

Maybe try it out for a day with some duct tape to make sure you dont overflow before the 4200.

Good idea with testing it out first, and yeah plenty of flow through will be important. Thanks!

^^^THIS^^^ ... and don’t look back. I tried all kinds of things before I solved the problem, I didn’t know about the clear view filters. The problem with the DIY mentioned above is that you’ll also probably need to fill in the oval slots in the plate with sealant if you catch bait over grass. Once the grass, seaweed, etc... goes through the slots and clog the standpipe your well will overflow and you’ll have to pull the plate to un clog it.