Reels built in the USA

mkinley17

Been looking for a new reel for inshore stuff. Was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with a IRT reel?  They are built in PA and have not yet pulled the trigger on one of there 200 reels. I know they are pricey but looking to support made in America.

I did see them was wondering if they truly are made in USA. I know not much is anymore and if it is most of the parts come from some where else and assembled here. Have been using the Penn battle II and have been working fine. Just thought I might want to buy a Rolex to fish with and have as a pass down piece like my Great Grandfathers rifle. My Daughter and I have become fishing partners she is fish nuts 11 years old, have to love the time on the water.

whoow june 25 2019.jpg

Good reels I am sure. I have a few Stellas and there is a diff in a quality reel but throwing artificial only all day those, the Battles etc are just too darn heavy. The bearings are the ones thing that tends to fail on them all with repeated use and interestingly enough even IRT sources them outside the USA it appears. Good times right there getting the kiddos on the water!

15 hours ago, triplec said:

Give Florida Fishing Products reels a look. They have about replaced all my Ci4+ models. More drag and carbon fiber drag like what we had to change the Stradics to and the line roller and other bearings hold up much better. Very impressed.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but those reels are not made I the USA. I want to say Chinese 

I agree about the stradic roller bearings ( I have never felt like I didn’t have enough drag, only need 3 lbs w 10 lb braid) I looked at ffp reels, but my repair guy said he was seeing a lot of those coming in early and was less than impressed.  I’m switching to diawas this time around