ENP Main Road {Homestead Entrance}

Fishician

That is part of the three phase repave. Please send an e mail or comment on Facebook. Pedro Ramos is the current Superintendent. Nicely tell them what you have experienced. The company responsible is irresponsible to say the least. There are big holes just off the bridges and no signs to warn drivers. If more than me complains maybe Mr. Ramos will a least get the contractor to temporally fill the worst holes until they compete the repave.

https://www.nps.gov/ever/contacts.htm

• Like 1

I remember that Coto. That was back when they did phase one.I had dump trucks trying to pass me and I was going 65 mph trying to stay away from them. A quick stop by  the ranger station fixed that.

Currently The road is bad, but not that bad, there are a few spots near the bridges that will knock your fillings out and they are blind spots with no warning. They are grinding the two dips out, not going to miss those. I sent an e mail to the current Superintendent. Hope it helps. Others should do that also. In the meantime just slow down the first seven to ten miles in and last seven to ten out and be careful around the bridges near  Royal Palm.

With all this rain, better get ready to give your summer blood donation!!!!

• Like 1

Ok it's confirmed the road going in has become worse. A friend of mine who has a guide buddy just got back today from Flamingo and the rough road caused two brackets holding one of his bunks to break. He launched the boat and the bunk went with boat into the water. He had to do a make shift rig to load it back on the trailer. He said that with all the rain we've had the pot holes are significantly worse.