Cobia Table

Jim derose

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

called the manufacturer, scandvik and spoke with Mike.  They sent me a new motor and switch but unfortunately that didn’t fix it. Says the shaft must have an issue at the stage 1 stage 2 intersect. Supposed to send a new shaft at some point. 

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I bought mine new in 2019 table worked fine for about a year. Then it quit lifting on the second stage. Only lifts to seat height.

Did not really care as I just use boat for fishing and my ice chest rides up front on the deck. I would raise it just to clean under it. Now today it had trouble going up at all got about 3 inches from seat height. Quit all together no more up or down.

Think I will remove it altogether and just seal it in the deck. But now I see they bonded the table to the metal lift plus screwed it also. This table idea was a real loser. Do not know who thought of this stupid idea. Anyone could see it would not work for long in a saltwater environment. 

I am 6 foot 4 inch and it is a real pain trying to get into that space to get it out of there. 

Now to get a midget to help me.

• 6 months later...

Good evening. I have a Cobia 320 and my front bow table stopped working. When you depress the up or down switch it makes a singular “beep” but the table does not move. Any ideas what the issue can be? This is the second time my table has gone bad. First time was a year after I bought the boat. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys.. Just my 2 cents:

For those of you that have the table stuck in the halfway point or the table only goes to the heat height (halfway), try spraying WD40 or penetrating fluid on the cylinder and leave it for a day or 2.

I say this because it worked for me.  I have a 2020 Cobia 280, After the first year the table came up halfway.  I called the manufacturer and was told to bring in the actuator.  That's when I found out it was bonded to the floor. It would be a mess to remove.. I sprayed penetrating fluid on the cylinder and left it for 2 days.  The table worked fine.
My theory is that we get salt water splash on the deck and it flows towards the drain near the table.  If the table cylinder is not washed, a salt ring or oxidation ring forms around the cylinder and stops it halfway.  After this, I wash the cylinder on a regular basis and lube.   Haven't had an operation issue with the table since.