New Member Intro

TSD

As a long-time Maverick owner, just a quick intro to say thanks to the forum for the great support to owners.  We fished (and rewired, and repowered) our Maverick 18' Deluxe in Charlotte Harbor and Boca Grande pass for over 15 years, and recently sold an AC 1802SE to get back into a Maverick.  The boat will be fished 90% in Chokoloskee and the Islands.  I've also fished a guide's 22' Pathfinder but my comfort zone is 18' (and I like to pole when possible).

I've been to see a repowered 185 Master Angler in the Keys (which had undisclosed hurricane damage) and missed a few good ones here, so I'll appreciate any suggestions and leads you all can share, thanks.

Tom

• Like 1

Welcome, Tom !!

You came to the right place for a pretty MA !!  We have a host of MA Faithful who watch ads from all sources to announce available boats.

We have seen some real gems recently,  Redfishers too !

Let the team know what you want, how much your budget is, and what motor preferences you have.

If you are willing to travel to look at a boat, we may have local members who will check it out for you before you drive..

Good luck on your next boat !!

Mod Marc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

Welcome

4 hours ago, Moderator said:

Welcome, Tom !!

You came to the right place for a pretty MA !!  We have a host of MA Faithful who watch ads from all sources to announce available boats.

We have seen some real gems recently,  Redfishers too !

Let the team know what you want, how much your budget is, and what motor preferences you have.

If you are willing to travel to look at a boat, we may have local members who will check it out for you before you drive..

Good luck on your next boat !!

Mod Marc

Appreciate it, guys.  Looking forward to the help.  Budget depends upon condition of the hull and motor, although I'm not looking for a project, so flexible to a point.  I've driven to see a few local MAs in S. Florida and the Keys, so please let me know if anyone in the Tampa vicinity can recommend someone to do a PPI over on the Gulf coast.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I drank the Kool-aid about 2 years ago and since then, have had two unsolicted offers on my MA17....no, she wont be sold till I'm dead and gone :)

Waiting patiently for a new set of slippers to carry her from FLL to Chokoloskee....brand new 2020 custom built Ameratrail 17 :)

d

Thanks, Capt.  Will be looking for you down there. 👍

4 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I drank the Kool-aid about 2 years ago and since then, have had two unsolicted offers on my MA17....no, she wont be sold till I'm dead and gone :)

Waiting patiently for a new set of slippers to carry her from FLL to Chokoloskee....brand new 2020 custom built Ameratrail 17 :)

d

Don’t you mean your STILL drinking the Cool-aid.

Welcome to the Asylum Tom. We’re a fun dysfunctional family here. 😀🙏 fin 🤭😱😜

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, fin-addict said:

Welcome to the Asylum Tom. We’re a fun dysfunctional family here. 😀🙏 fin 🤭😱😜

Thanks, fin. Working a good lead from Gus, if anyone has a contact to do a PPI in the Tampa area. 🍻

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 12:20 PM, TSD said:

As a long-time Maverick owner, just a quick intro to say thanks to the forum for the great support to owners.  We fished (and rewired, and repowered) our Maverick 18' Deluxe in Charlotte Harbor and Boca Grande pass for over 15 years, and recently sold an AC 1802SE to get back into a Maverick.  The boat will be fished 90% in Chokoloskee and the Islands.  I've also fished a guide's 22' Pathfinder but my comfort zone is 18' (and I like to pole when possible).

I've been to see a repowered 185 Master Angler in the Keys (which had undisclosed hurricane damage) and missed a few good ones here, so I'll appreciate any suggestions and leads you all can share, thanks.

Tom

Welcome Tom.  Not mine, and I'm not sure this one is still available, but this 1978 Berg Maverick 18 was totally restored from the skin up by Durite boatworks in Stuart FL.  Kind of pricey but was first listed about 18 months ago and the price has come down a couple times.  Randy at Durite Boatworks is known for being a perfectionist, so I'd bet this one was done right.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale-wanted/1058867-sale-18-maverick-ma-complete-restoration-115-yamaha-sho.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geeviam said:

Welcome Tom.  Not mine, and I'm not sure this one is still available, but this 1978 Berg Maverick 18 was totally restored from the skin up by Durite boatworks in Stuart FL. 

Appreciate it. Have admired that beautiful restoration. Focusing my search on a newer hull, preferably repowered. 👍

• Like 1

Congrats, man!   So glad you found one in such good shape so quickly!   Your timing was good, I've seen a lot of guys look for months before a decent one popped up, and you had two nice sleds show up during your search.   A 2002 is a great year, looking forward to watching your journey with her.

BTW, your pic isn't showing up, but if you want to shoot me some pics via text, I am happy to post them up for you.

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

Congrats, man!   So glad you found one in such good shape so quickly!   Your timing was good, I've seen a lot of guys look for months before a decent one popped up, and you had two nice sleds show up during your search.   A 2002 is a great year, looking forward to watching your journey with her.

BTW, your pic isn't showing up, but if you want to shoot me some pics via text, I am happy to post them up for you.

Appreciate it!  Hmm, pic showing on my browser.  Any improvement?