Happy Lappy

fin-addict

12 hours ago, jensenjeff said:

I'm guessing it was the fighting lady yellow edition that was recently posted on craigslist treasure coast. Looked like it was in very nice condition.

No, white hull from Stewart fl. Was posted on a site for 23 minutes and he made the call to see it from port Charlotte.

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

c'mon, how bout some pics of the happy owner and his new sled??

Knew someone was going to say that. No pics, it did not happen or not true. Pics being taken today by son. I WILL post. Figured it would be YOU to bring that up and stir the s......... LOL. Love it. 😀🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2020 at 8:33 AM, jensenjeff said:

Very nice, the yellow one was also in Stuart but has since been taken down off of craigslist. I'm sure he will enjoy it

Your correct. It is the yellow one. Thought it was white. My wrong. Nice sled, needs a little electrical work and engine will have a full servicing.

• 2 weeks later...

The photos of the Lappy. Had mechanic check her out yesterday. All good. Couple items to take care of. Any suggestions as to what style backrest to add. Rod holder type or birdsall style. Mounting plate with screw down brackets. Do not know if room for rod holder mounting. Only took a quick look. Photos would be helpful if you have one.

EA7A75C9-3778-490F-A079-9B63D7A9B7F9.jpeg

F4A2360F-90FB-4DBF-B85E-E495355188BC.jpeg

42503A1A-BAED-47DB-B19A-4BA8F6C73D29.jpeg

• Like 1

Fin, 

This was my 1998 RF 18.  Backrest was perfect.  The rod holders had welded caps on the bottom so no water at all got in the hatches.  Both hatches opened at the same time when the back rest was on.  The cushion snapped under the hatches with four button snaps.  You merely folded the cushion toward the console and opened the hatches.  

H1.png

H2.png

H3.png

H4.png

Do some measuring but i think Uflex will fit without adding setback.  I had that old seastar side mount back in the day.  Mine corroded the groove where the seal sits.  Impossible to find replacement parts.  I ended using standard seastar but i had 6" of setback so it cleared the transom no problem.  

I had this mounted on my Redfisher and never had an issue in the 6 years I owned it!

http://www.ultraflexgroup.com/en/catalogue/outboard-steering-systems/088089-1/819/side-mount-cylinders.html?lang=2

I loved it because it also allowed for bilge access. The only concern was when dock lines got under the ram but that happened very rarely.