2500 Hybrid owner questions.

reelhooked

I'm starting to look at boats to replace my 2006 2200 TE. The 2200 TE has served my well and is still in good shape, but I would like something larger now that grandkids come around and want to go fishing 😊.

I have been eyeing the 2500 Hybrid for some time and just saw the local dealer had one on the lot, so made the trip to look at it in person.

Overall I was very impressed with the 2500 hybrid layout and the amount of storage.

Standing at the helm seat I felt that the space between the seat and the console was quite a bit less than on my TE and the width of the helm seat felt very narrow compared to my seat on the 2200.  The 2500 I looked at had the helm seat and not the leaning post.

My question to 2500 Hybrid owners:

Do you feel cramped when you run the boat leaning against the helm seat? 

Do you find the helm seat wide enough to accommodate two 6 ft, 185 lb guys, without a cheek hanging over the edge?

Last question is regarding the storage areas and areas that drain to the bilge. It looked like all hatches was gasketed, but are compartments staying dry?

My 2200 gets quite a bit of water going from the deck to the bilge during a rain storm. Should i expect the same in the 2500?

Looking forward to hear from 2500 owners regarding my observations. 

Tight lines

The space between the console and seating has been shrunk some over past models... I dont find it an issue especially with tilt steering which makes sure the wheel is outta the way.  Its alot better for being able to sit and run the boat thats for sure. 

I have the regular leaning post in mine as thats what I prefer so cant offer any info on the seat style helm

Hatches are staying dry.... I think water getting in the bilge from rain is from the anchor locker and the gunnel mount rod holders

Ditto on Fin's comments about space behind helm.  I came from a 2300, that I actually had the seat moved forward an inch to give better walk around access behind leaning post, so the space on the 2500 feels fine to me and is comfortable driving standing or sitting with the tilt wheel.

I have the standard seat with armrests, I have no problems with two people on the seat, it's super comfortable to ride in especially with the arm rest down and the moveable lower support makes standing and driving comfortable as well as it gives you additional back support while standing.

All my hatches seem to stay dry.  I added a bit of extra gasket seal material behind the console door on front as that was letting a little water in after washing, but its dry now.

You will be very happy moving up to the 2500.

Pbspecial,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions.

i guess I’m just used to that it was hard walking behind the seat on the 2200 so therefor the area between the helm and the seat had more traffic, but glad to hear that you are happy with the standard seating accommodation. 
Good to hear that the hatches are staying dry. 
How is the ride on the 2500 compared to the 2300 in some one to two chop?

Tight lines

It eats up chop, similar to the 2300, but with a bit more confidence.  The 2300 felt a bit more nimble and light but the 2500 can definitely take a bit more seas. 

If you are concerned with the helm seat to console space, when you have the boat built, tell Pathfinder that you would like the entire seat moved rearward about an inch to open up that space a bit.  There is definitely enough room behind to move it back some.

• Like 1

I have the “regular” leaning post as well and added a cooler slide for my Yeti 75. Best thing I’ve done to the boat. Makes a great rear facing seat while fishing off the back and totally out of the way when not needed. I don’t remember the last time I took the front cooler fishing to be honest, frees up front floor space and makes console access a breeze. 
Probably not as comfy as the Gucci helm seats but way simpler and utilitarian.

pbspecial:

Good feedback regarding 2500 running in chop. Sounds like it will be a great improvement coming from a 2200 TE.

Jason p:

Good point with the Yeti slide mounted cooler, if i decide to go with the leaning post.

I know I want a trolling motor but see Pathfinder only have options for 60" shafts. 

Do you find the 60" shaft adequate in light chop. I would have expected a 72" shaft would have been recommended.

What trolling motor do you have installed and are you happy with the performance?

Tight lines

I am 6'4" 295 lbs and do not have any problems with the space between the helm seat and the console, except when my wife likes to park her beach bag there, but that is another topic. The seats are very comfortable to ride on as well. Hatches are bone dry all the time so no issues there either. 

Do not put a 60" shaft on that boat. It will cavitate in fishable conditions. I have the Rhodan. Started with a 60", finally broke the shaft from cavitating and upgraded to the 72. Because the unit was originally mounted as a 60 it does not interfere with any hatch openings but does hang over the side of the boat a bit. It doesn't bother me and I'm way happier with the 72" shaft. 

I love my helm seat. My first one broke around year 2 and LeBrock exchanged it for a new one. No $ out of pocket. Good company. 

CaptDavis, RCW and Tall Tails,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.

I had the feeling that the 60" shaft on a trolling motor was too short based on my experience with my 2200TE.

Good to hear that you find your helm seat comfortable, as I would prefer the std. helm seat over a leaning post.

Tight lines

I had a 2006 22 TE prior to the 2500. The helm seats are as comfortable as stated above. The size of the seating has never been an issue with two guys being comfortable. Storage stays very dry. The water into my bilge comes from the anchor locker, two front fish boxes. If you are building one get the fish boxes on macerator pumps. My only dislike with mine. As far as ride, the 22 is not even close to the 25 when it comes to 2’ chop or bigger. The 25 is a big boat and will shock you how shallow she will float. They are great boats to do everything.

I have a 60” TM on mine and have never had an issue and I probably fish offshore 80% of the time.

bsh102

Thank you very much for responding to my questions.

Your old boat (2006 2200 TE) is exactly the boat I currently own, so your feedback regarding the ride quality of the 2500 compared to the 2200 TE made this comparison very meaningful to me and what I hoped to hear. I am planning to get the fish box macerator pump so hopefully this will cut down on the water getting to the bilge.

Tight lines

Another option for the fishbox is to request Pathfinder to build it with a drain directly outside the hull, I had mine built that way and it works great.  They install a thru hull fitting on the front of the hull and the box drains directly outside, no need for a macerator pump that is most likely going to fail at some time.  Easy to flush out with a hose if it gets clogged up...

I’m think I’m about to remove my macerator pump and run a straight hose to the thru hull, I’ve put a new impeller on it once and I think it’s about to need another one. The only issue is the seacock is under the access panel on the floor... maybe install a small inspection plate  or something. This was the first replacement impeller, they’re not exactly robust.

48249CF3-AD51-4A16-828B-5EB2863A2544.thumb.jpeg.7dc857e12b370993c25338cd79cb6af0.jpeg