Gunnel mounted rod holders

Waterman18

I'm getting ready to order a PF 22 and wanted to know if I can specify exactly where I want the gunnel mounted rod holders.

On a few of the boats I've been on, the rear holders are mounted too far to the stern to make them useful . (see Pic)

You have to jump up on the rear deck to access it. Can i tell them where to put it!...(so to speak)?

83CD2427-7CF0-4313-AE65-6B8254846270.jpg

Well, you can try to tell them where you want the second set to rod holders located. Long story short, I asked for the same thing you want when I ordered my 23. The factory guy couldn't figure out how to install the second set of rod holders because the bottom of the rod holders hits the horizontal PVC rod tubes that run from the rear deck bulkhead toward the transom. So they installed the rod holders, but left out the upper rod tubes.

When I got my boat home, I removed the rod holders, installed the horizontal rod tubes, then reinstalled the rod holders, but rotated them slightly outward. This allowed the bottom of the rod holder to clear the PVC rod tubes.

If you present the description above to the factory guy, they can see that it will work. they just have to rotate the additional rod holder slightly outward to clear the hidden PVC rod tubes.

The pic you posted is exactly what my rod holders look like now. The rear ones never get used, but the ones close the floor get used multiple times a day.