Where should I put fish on the 24' Pathfinder?

Smoak352

16 hours ago, Bamaskeet said:

I like to use one of the stern live wells as a fish box.  If I’m trout and red fishing I use the center livewell.  If I run offshore, I use the larger starboard livewell as a fish box.

Both hold ice fairly well, and they quickly washout with a hose, no scrubbing.

My live well on the stern is only about 18" wide so that won't work on the 2400. 

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:30 PM, Smoak352 said:

Where should I put fish on the 24' Pathfinder?  I would like to use one of the front hatches but it drains to the bilge. 

Have you thought about re-routing the drain hose to drain overboard. As long as the bottom of the compartment is above the water line, it should drain fine. If it's below the waterline, you might have to install a shutoff and keep it closed while on the water. When you're back on the trailer or lift, open shutoff and hose out.

I have a DV with fishboxes and a mascerator..

I still use a fishbag.  It's simple to clean and keeps the fish iced better.. and it makes the walk to the cleaning table clean and easy..

Getting on my hands and knees with a soapy sponge is not as much fun as I recall.

Food for thought..

Marc

On 6/29/2020 at 9:30 PM, Smoak352 said:

Where should I put fish on the 24' Pathfinder?  I would like to use one of the front hatches but it drains to the bilge. 

I carry a 110 qt.cooler if I am going offshore. Easy to pull out and clean. Every day back country, maybe keeping some snapper or the like I use the 48 qt cooler in front of the console. 

On 7/1/2020 at 3:34 PM, Moderator said:

I have a DV with fishboxes and a mascerator..

I still use a fishbag.  It's simple to clean and keeps the fish iced better.. and it makes the walk to the cleaning table clean and easy..

Getting on my hands and knees with a soapy sponge is not as much fun as I recall.

Food for thought..

Marc

What is DV? 

On 7/5/2020 at 6:39 AM, Bamaskeet said:

They have a cult following, it was called a 23DV.

Yes, it is a cult and Marc W is the high priest.  

I believe that Maverick had ceased production of the DV and yet they built just one more when Marc talked them into digging up the mold out of storage to do so.  I first saw his boat under a cover so did not realize that it was an off-shore, deep vee hull.  I am proud that the skeg on my motor does not have any paint missing.  Of course, I sand and paint it upon returning from every trip.  He showed me his skeg, also clean, not repainted, just that the boat is always in 500 feet of water!

A deep vee hull from Maverick!?!?  Sort of like learning that Dolly Parton has a flat-chested sister.