jaybird

actionjackson

I just purchased a new 2020 2200 TRS and ran it until the fuel gage started blinking. I was watching the fuel gage so it wasn't a surprise, however, when I went to the Marina to get fuel it only took 40 gallons to fill.  The specs on the boat state it has a 55 gallon fuel capacity.  Is there really a 15 gallon reserve?

My 2012 22 TRS would still run after the last bar quit flashing and disappeared The label on my tank says it is a 60 gallon tank. I have never been able to put more than 55 gallons in it but I have never run it out of fuel.  It had square command link gauges. I have since replaced them with new round command link gauges. The new gauges are reading differently. I like Bamaskeet use my Lowrance so I noticed the difference. There is an adjustment on the gauges, I believe it will go plus or minus 7 percent.

• Like 1

Yes, the gas gages on most boats are notoriously incorrect.  I think that I had read something in the boat's owner manual saying that you can recalibrate the gauge but that first, you must run the tank down to empty?  I guess bringing along a 5 gal gas can would be helpful here.  The book is in the boat, when I uncover her the next time, I'll check to see if that's correct.

I have the newer 6YC digital Yamaha gauge on my PF.  It is VERY accurate.  I reset the trip meter every fill up and use the fuel burned data on the gauge to judge how much fuel is left.  Specs say it has a 67 gallon tank, and I always just use 60 gallons in my head so that I always have about a 5-7 gallon buffer...Everytime I have filled it up the gas I put in is within a gallon of what the gauge says it burned.  I never look at the actual fuel gauge readout, it always shows more fuel than what I know I have burned...