Stern Hatch Wiring

Brendon553

Picked up a ‘08 22 Tournament this past winter and I have slowly been working through some neglected areas and this forum has been very helpful.  So, thank you to everyone that has posted solutions and tips about these great boats.

My next project is to organize the wiring in the  stern starboard hatch, that houses the pumps for the livewell, jackplate, etc.  As you can see its a mess and I was looking for ideas on organization.  I couldn’t find any threads around this topic so if anyone has any photos or ideas about how to lay it out it would be greatly appreciate. 

C5830DE4-3073-430D-A194-F5C78B75BEFD.jpeg

4E8B8798-70B2-45DC-B467-94AF516F06DD.jpeg

2642CCF2-FFB1-43F2-A649-9524CA6C3E40.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

If it were me since you have good ability to get to the wires, i would label all the wires to where the go.  Then disconnect them all.  Start from where they enter the hatch and route them nice and neat.  While doing that check all the connections and replace what needs it and like mentioned above shorten and lengthen where need be.  

I have completed 3 re-wires over time....

My advice like some from above:

1.) Pictures, pictures, pictures - if things are working now, be sure you can re-wire it back - take apart one item at a time and label it as mentioned...this is key.

2.) go online and buy good wire

3.) get good crimps and double heat shrink

4.) there are some good articles and books on wiring...search the net.

DC

• 3 weeks later...