Anyone tow tubes or wakeboards with poling platform???

quest4reds

One of my sons wants to wake board, the other wants to tube.  Anyone using their fishing boats to entertain the kids?  I already told them when I bought the boat that it is a fishing tool that may not work for towing, a little expectation management, but I figure if I can do it safely, why not.  Not tying ropes to poling platform, so anyone using a bridle to the tie down rings to tow?  Looking at a inexpensive towing setup for the job: Airhead Tow Demon Harness Rope on Amazon for $15

My current boat and all my previous boats were always used for yanking the kids around. I spend all day pulling knee boards wake boards and tubes at the lake. I pull my kids and anyone else they bring. I use a  one of those tow bridles attached to the stern eyes most of the time on tubes and knee boards. The pathfinder does not have a poling platform but I would tie a rope on it if it did. But only for kneeboards and wake boards. 
  Tubes put the most stress on the rope and on the attachment points. Don’t snatch it and be aware when it could get stuffed in the water and pull the throttle back.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quest4reds said:

Thanks all.  Will definitely be getting a bridle and using the stern eyes.  I'll have to wait and see if/how well I can pull a wakeboarder up, hopefully I'll remember to add results here.

100% sure you will have absolutely no problem.   My 87 MA did it with a tired 1988 115 2 stroke and didnt even blink.    Your pretty little girl will impress you.

• Like 1