2600TRS Bow + Aft Shade Options

JFro

We have an aft shade for the baby on our 2500, works great. The front straps to the rod holders on the T top and the rear has poles that go in the rod holders. I will warn you that the Pathfinder rod holders, on my 2500 anyway, don’t have backing plates or are even thru bolted.  Those shades put some lateral tension on the holders. One of my holders pulled out of the gunnel, I got backing plates from Gemlux and did all the holders. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 5:28 PM, jason p said:

We have an aft shade for the baby on our 2500, works great. The front straps to the rod holders on the T top and the rear has poles that go in the rod holders. I will warn you that the Pathfinder rod holders, on my 2500 anyway, don’t have backing plates or are even thru bolted.  Those shades put some lateral tension on the holders. One of my holders pulled out of the gunnel, I got backing plates from Gemlux and did all the holders. 

Thanks!  Can you send me the Gemlux plates?  Pretty easy?

14 hours ago, JFro said:

Thanks!  Can you send me the Gemlux plates?  Pretty easy?

https://www.gemlux.com/315530-BP
Yeah it’s not too bad on a 2500, not sure about the 2600. You have to lift the rear seats and go through the bilge area to get to the underside of the gunnels. You’ll also have to have to have a 7/16” crows foot wrench or make a 90 degree wrench to hold the nuts to tighten the screws. There should probably be a washer under the front nut, I realized when I posted this pic I forgot it  

0AED376F-BADC-45DE-B5E5-F544CF3F7150.jpeg

1FFBD657-241B-43A0-A363-1FBE9653E4F5.jpeg

• Like 1