Hydraulic Power Assist Steering

Mike p

I would love to put the SeaStar Soultions power assist on my boat. Only draw back......price........$1500.00 to $1800.00  for the unit depending on where you look. The only other concern is SeaStar says it needs to be at least six feet from the helm or the motor. In my boat that could be a problem.

• Like 1

Maybe I’m wrong, I thought you needed a electronic pump, helm, and cylinder. I didn’t know you could just splice a pump into the system. Plus on my 2500 there’s three power steering circuit breakers, maybe I just talked myself into believing something in my own head... wouldn’t be the first time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jason p said:

I’m a big 4 blade fan myself, when this OFX3 is done I’m going back. What pitch were you running?

19".... I found I liked alot about the OFX4 but not sure I cared for that much stern lift and holeshot was better but still a touch slow for my preference.  Interestingly I found myself wondering if an OFX 3 would be a nice blend of attributes of the stock 3 and the OFX4 so interested in what performance you are seeing with the 3