info on factory refurb program

FooFoo502

I'm probably missing the thread somehow, but was looking to find out info about the program where the factory will do a cap off restoration/refurb of older model boats. I'm trying to get a rough idea of pricing as I can't just bring my boat by (live in Sarasota) and if the resale value would be worth the cost. I'm probably in need of a repower so want to find out if that can be included if I find the motor, or if they can locate older motors, etc. Should I just call the shop and if so, whom should I ask for? Gotta do something with my old MA17 soon.

2 hours ago, FooFoo502 said:

I'm probably missing the thread somehow, but was looking to find out info about the program where the factory will do a cap off restoration/refurb of older model boats. I'm trying to get a rough idea of pricing as I can't just bring my boat by (live in Sarasota) and if the resale value would be worth the cost. I'm probably in need of a repower so want to find out if that can be included if I find the motor, or if they can locate older motors, etc. Should I just call the shop and if so, whom should I ask for? Gotta do something with my old MA17 soon.

I'm not sure they are doing it now as they seem to be full out with the new factory.

There are several good guys who can do a full refurb...

1.) Inshore marine in Pompano (Bob)

2.) Master Repair (Stuart)

3.) There is a glass guy named Diaz who supposedly is a wizard with gelcoat

5.) Stuart Boat works does refurb....from what I remember.

many more on the west coast.

DC

Appreciate the info. I was thinking with everything going on, they might shutter that aspect to focus on keeping the doors open. If they aren't able to, I'll probably have to find somebody over here on the West coast as I got rid of the trailer years ago (boat stays on the lift behind the house) and would probably have to rent a trailer to get it there and back. If anybody knows a reputable glass or refurb shop over here around Sarasota, please let me know. I can get it up to Clearwater and down to Naples if need be any anywhere in between for the right shop.