HPXS in Lower Laguna Madre?

mwolthoff

I run an old HPXT in the lower Laguna Madre of South Texas and will be eventually looking for a new skiff. I would love to know how the HPXS compares to the T in terms of running shallow and hole shot over hard sand bottom.  I can run in 5” or less and get up in probably 8” or less. Every poling skiff down here has a full tunnel; either the old Ts, the HB professional, or the Chittums. The only HPXS I’ve seen was for sale.  Any thoughts or comments on the application of the S to the Lower Laguna?  

thanks

matt

• 2 weeks later...

I’m curious about this too, but have no plans to sell my HPXT.  My bet is that the S would run skinny enough jacked up and trimmed out, but I assume you would give up some on the shallow hole shot - and that’s pretty important down there.  The S will definitely have a little softer ride which would be nice when that South Padre wind kicks up (as it always does).  

On the positive side, I’m sure you’ll be able to sell your HPXT for more than you paid for it. I sold my first T, an ‘02 model, in ‘10 for a new one which I still have.  That ‘02 is still worth $2-3k more than I sold it for 10 years ago!