Quick Release RipTide Storing

RacerxV6

It is not difficult to make a bracket for the wall. You will need a piece of 1/4 inch steel plate cut to fit inside the trolling motor bracket. bolt it to a spacer with the ends open so that the pins can go through. Bolt it to the wall and you are ready to go. I have a similar bracket on my leaning post to hold the trolling motor when I don't want it on the bow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SouthernWake said:

I stand it up against the wall resting on the motor skeg.

5 hours ago, bernieNC said:

The thought of hard bottom and motor skeg just makes me cringe. lol

If a trolling motor cannot withstand being stood up on its skeg, then the last place I would want it is on my boat! Those oyster bars are a lot less for giving than my garage floor! The only problem if its a Minn Kota, chip that paint and the salt creep begins, sloooooooowly under the paint. 

Like my brother use to say when looking for a new gun, if the gun store employee told him not to dry fire the weapon because it would damage it, he would put it back down and say; then why would I buy a weapon to protect my family and myself that would be "damaged" from a simple dry fire, I don't want it then! Oh the faces! Ex-Army and gun collector of course.