Radar Arch vs T-TOP

Georgiared

Guys, I have a 2300 HPS, I am looking to make a little more comfortable for my wife or kids when they come out with me.  Has anyone Installed a radar arch vs T- Top on a 2300?  I am thinking a radar arch across midship would have a smaller profile than a T-Top, I can attach a sun shade sail or one of the TTOP Products (https://www.ttopcovers.com).  Also added benefit to mount radar dome and other gadgets ..  

1 hour ago, THE OUTLAW said:

I would do a t-top , then you can attach a fwd or aft shade kit .

I agree with The Outlaw. Besides I have a Bimini top and fishing with a Bimini is a PITA, the radar arch presents the same issue as a bimini by having poles & supports in the way on the gunwale. Hence the reason you only see radar arch's on non fishing boats such as go fast's and family cruisers.

6 hours ago, smilemaker said:

I have always thought of a console mounted  radar arch. For the few times shade is more important than fishing you can add on a sun shade.

I have yet to fish on a 25 ft boat and under with a t top that it didn't  get in the way. 

I have yet to fish on same types with a T and never felt it was there by getting in the way. How do they get in you way if you don’t mind me asking.

A t top gets in way a little if your lure chunking all day. You get used to it. The benefits - shade, grab points, rod storage, etc etc - FAR outweigh that...I’d never have a bay boat without one now. 

Also , I  have an add on sun sail shade on front of t top that my buddy that does canvas and cushions made for me. It’s nice for sandbar, but can’t really run with it. 

Our style of fishing live bait with slip floats involves a lot of  movement from bow to stern. It seems that as I move around I  am always bumping the rod tip into the top. While casting into specific spots the top just is in the way. With rods in the console you can work your cast above or around them but a top takes up the middle third of the boat.

Don't  do much much fishing  just soaking lines.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smilemaker said:

Our style of fishing live bait with slip floats involves a lot of  movement from bow to stern. It seems that as I move around I  am always bumping the rod tip into the top. While casting into specific spots the top just is in the way. With rods in the console you can work your cast above or around them but a top takes up the middle third of the boat.

Don't  do much much fishing  just soaking lines.

I completely agree.  And especially throwing popping corks or deadly combos.