Fully restored 98' 21 Master Angler value

otfin843

I know this has probably been talked about on this forum at some point or another, but I couldn't find anything after searching thoroughly. I am trying to find out what the value of a professionally restored 21MA. I own a project 1998 21 Master Angler, that I am halfway through with it. We are completely restoring the boat in every aspect, which includes anything from the boat not being reused. I am still throwing around the idea of restoring the gel coat on the hull(fighting lady yellow/white), and just spraying the cap, console, and non skid, but very easily could just spray the entire boat with Awlcraft. We are planning on repowering with a new SHO motor, but do still have the original OX66 250vmax motor in show room condition also. We have it sitting on a new custom aluminum double axle trailer.

As much as I am in love with this boat, I run a business restoring skiffs, so we will be selling directly after we finish, and before its used. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance. 

I have a curiosity question on the rebuild.  have you pulled the cap to inspected / repair bulkheads and stringers?  Is the tank original?  The first gen 21's are notorious for skimped material.  They are known to have broken knees, stringers and bulkheads.  Again,  Just curious.    

I have a 96 18.5 and while not fully  restored I wish it was worth more than I am sure it would bring. In everything there is a ceiling on what folks will pay for boats of our vintage no matter how extensive the restoration I suspect. I have to wonder if the newly released 21 Redfisher would impact sales of the 21 MA as they sure do favor. 

15 hours ago, Lap it Up said:

I have a curiosity question on the rebuild.  have you pulled the cap to inspected / repair bulkheads and stringers?  Is the tank original?  The first gen 21's are notorious for skimped material.  They are known to have broken knees, stringers and bulkheads.  Again,  Just curious.    

We tried to remove the cap, but we were unable to. Ray, at MBG, and I were discussing that some of those boats are able to be separated, while others aren't. After cutting out the gas tank and replacing it with a 92 gallon tank from the original manufacturer, which is TNT down in Florida, we were able to see why. We are diving back into it soon, and will try to separate again. This boat is in perfect shape though. All of the stringers and bulkheads look like they have too much material! haha Maybe aiding in why I can't separate. 

10 hours ago, triplec said:

I have a 96 18.5 and while not fully  restored I wish it was worth more than I am sure it would bring. In everything there is a ceiling on what folks will pay for boats of our vintage no matter how extensive the restoration I suspect. I have to wonder if the newly released 21 Redfisher would impact sals of the 21 MA as they sure do favor. 

I am kicking myself I did not have this project done prior to their announcement. I do still think that the market would be strong for this boat restored though. Not to mention with the world the way it is these days, people want their dollar to stretch farther. One could be more inclined to buy a "new" used boat, versus a "new new" boat that costs tens of thousands more.

• Like 1