Sugar Ants in the boat

FROZEN

Need some suggestions from the MBG brain trust! I have tiny “sugar ants” appearing from the CC to deck joint split line. Always in the same place. I have never seen any in the live wells, storage spaces, bilge, or in the CC. Just appearing on the deck around the CC. I have sprayed and fogged. Boat is on a lift. I have sprayed the dock, lift cable, and bunks. I have not removed the batteries and checked there, but have sprayed and fogged around all there. My newest theory is they have taken up residence in the foam. If they have a nest in the foam, what is the damage they can do? Any?

This has been going on since spring.

Any ideas or suggestions?

There is a product on the market for it. Don’t recall the name. Comes in small bottle. Put a drop on the cardboard tear squares it comes with it. Ants eat it and goes back to nests, few days latter no aunts. Works great. Have used it a few times. DO NOT put directly on gel coat, hardens like a rock. Good luck. 😀🙏 fin

found it, called Terro.

1 hour ago, fin-addict said:

Does it have to be a beer bottle cap. Don’t drink that. How about a water bottle cap, think that would work, I do. 😀👍

What ever wets your whistle Fin! Just that the beer bottle cap is a little lower then a water bottle cap, so even the weak ones can make it up the beer bottle cap, that water bottle cap is a skyscraper to an ant!:D

My buddy had an exterminating company and would give me a discount when I would give him a bag of beer bottle caps he used in customers homes, needless to say I had my own when he serviced my home!🍺