Current build time

Waterman18

54 minutes ago, Mike_Honcho said:

I'm curious about this myself. I ordered a 2300 HPS on 6/12/2020. I was told that the ship date would be 8/14/2020. I haven't seen any build pics or gotten any communication that it has gone into the mold yet. I'm concerned that it will take more than 3 weeks start to finish. 

When they start things happen fast!

On 7/20/2020 at 10:19 PM, northernsnooker said:

I don’t think the virus is slowing things down. Demand is slowing things down. 

Don't forget..it's not only a boat you are buying...if you are putting it on a trailer that comes into play.

I just purchased a new Ameratrail for my 95 MA....it was a 5 week wait and I had to speak out to get it done as agreed.  The sales man told me (I went direct to AT) that they had 175 trailers on order during June - and these are for all boats....

So, don't forget about the other components.....

DC

4 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Don't forget..it's not only a boat you are buying...if you are putting it on a trailer that comes into play.

I just purchased a new Ameratrail for my 95 MA....it was a 5 week wait and I had to speak out to get it done as agreed.  The sales man told me (I went direct to AT) that they had 175 trailers on order during June - and these are for all boats....

So, don't forget about the other components.....

DC

MBG purchasing, planning and scheduling would/should have taken care of that weeks ago. It is all part of the lead time.

All,

Yes, we are dealing with Covid 19 related delays now, both from employees and vendors.  We are very busy, the last 3-4 months retail sales have been as good as I can remember, very little in stock and a ton of new orders.    The past couple of weeks have bad as we have numerous employees out, don't know of anyone who is actually sick but many being tested which keeps them from work.  In addition we are seeing longer lead times from outside vendors.  We have had to adjust production accordingly, asking for your patience as we work through this mess. 

Skip 

Not sure you answered the question Skip, the question that was asked was how long is the wait time and what adjustment to the schedule has occurred???? Think everybody already knew why and knew there likely was an adjustment.

So is the average adjustment, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months????

1 hour ago, NCTribute said:

Not sure you answered the question Skip, the question that was asked was how long is the wait time and what adjustment to the schedule has occurred???? Think everybody already knew why and knew there likely was an adjustment.

So is the average adjustment, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months????

Tough to answer at the moment, working through the schedule now.  In some cases, depending on model the start is delayed 3-4 weeks. 

The answer is the same for everyone in business.  "We don't kn ow but are doing our best."

If an outside vendor can't get you stainless screws the answer is different than the outside vendor being the trailer where you can have 50 boats ready to ship on the day the trailer arrives.

So in reality there is no time frame in manufacturing.

PPE for the medical field  from China is going to be impacted by flooding over there.

Have a Redfisher 18 on order. Was suppose to be delivered on July 7th. Got pushed out to the July 13th. Then got pushed out to 20th. Have not bugged my Dealer anymore. It will get here when it gets here. Stuff happens. I am sure that Hewes is cranking them out as fast as they can, while still maintaining their level of quality. Looking forward to my new Redfisher.

Francisco

1 hour ago, FCO said:

Have a Redfisher 18 on order. Was suppose to be delivered on July 7th. Got pushed out to the July 13th. Then got pushed out to 20th. Have not bugged my Dealer anymore. It will get here when it gets here. Stuff happens. I am sure that Hewes is cranking them out as fast as they can, while still maintaining their level of quality. Looking forward to my new Redfisher.

Francisco

Thank you for understanding.

Skip

• Like 1

Just heard from my Dealer (Fort Myers Marine). My Redfisher 18 arrived today. Now we need to add the Rhodan trolling motor, Simard 12 nss3 with FMT’s and stereo. We’ll be fishing the backwaters in the Everglades in no time. 

Francisco

On 7/20/2020 at 10:19 PM, northernsnooker said:

I don’t think the virus is slowing things down. Demand is slowing things down. 

The RESPONSE to the virus is slowing things down, causing labor and supply problems.  High demand for boats, at the same time, is a result of that response - since boating is one of the few things we can do for fun these days.  IMO, having my new boat done RIGHT, instead of done FAST, would be most important.

2 hours ago, geeviam said:

The RESPONSE to the virus is slowing things down, causing labor and supply problems.  High demand for boats, at the same time, is a result of that response - since boating is one of the few things we can do for fun these days.  IMO, having my new boat done RIGHT, instead of done FAST, would be most important.

Amen to that and WEAR a mask!

22 hours ago, FCO said:

Just heard from my Dealer (Fort Myers Marine). My Redfisher 18 arrived today. Now we need to add the Rhodan trolling motor, Simard 12 nss3 with FMT’s and stereo. We’ll be fishing the backwaters in the Everglades in no time. 

Francisco

Thats one of the best calls you can get.. I remember the anticipation and then she arrived.

Congrats and enjoy!

There is a major supply chain issue in our industry (roofing).  Shingles are a problem now due to some slow downs in production.  Current inventory levels are now slow to be replaced.  Shifting inventory from other regions to help with the problem but creating more.  With storm season here, it could cause a real mess.  

Agree with the above as I am a GC.  The other slow down which is hard is when an subcontractor employee test positive and more or less requires the subcontractor to have their entire crew or company tested due to contact.  And with results sometimes taking a few days to receive, it essentially takes that crew or trade out of commission until all results are in.  I have had this happen multiple times in the last 3 months and easily loose a week at a time.  

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Waterman18 said:

Emailed dealer yesterday to check progress. Pushed back another 2 weeks for a total of 12 weeks wait! A little frustrating to say the least. Does anyone know how long it takes to build a 22 once it actually hits the mold. 

It goes quickly. I don't think mine took much more than a week, if that. 

18 hours ago, Waterman18 said:

Emailed dealer yesterday to check progress. Pushed back another 2 weeks for a total of 12 weeks wait! A little frustrating to say the least. Does anyone know how long it takes to build a 22 once it actually hits the mold. 

Understand your frustrations, believe me.  To answer your question, once a boat gets started current build times are from 10-14 days.  

Skip