Battery Charger Issues

Zlenart

The battery charger on my boat has been working fine up until recently. Last time I used it, it had all lights illuminated green when I took the boat out. Unplugged it and used the boat for the day. I didn't plug it back in after but went to the boat a couple days later to work on the stereo (removed one of the two auxiliary batteries to get in there) and when I plugged it in after leaving, I didn't get any power indicators to turn on. 

I believe it is the Dual Pro Recreation series 3 bank charger that sens 6 amps per bank. This one https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/dual-pro-recreation-series-3-bank-battery-charger

so, did I blow a fuse somewhere? Where should I be checking? Could the plug mounted on the boat have gone bad? I just don't know how it would work one day with zero issues and then not work 3-4 days later. Boat is stored outside, but completely covered. 

12 minutes ago, Zlenart said:

There are fuses there, but wouldn't I still get a Power LED light to turn on if one of those fuses was blown since they're between the charger and batteries and not between charger and power source?

Hey now, that's well above my pay grade. Just B.O.A.T. and get a new one ;) 

Do you have a milti-meter you can walk it back with? 

Sorry I cant be of more help. 

25 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

check power on extension cord 

each lead will have its own fuse but that should not  stop it from coming on unless it is the #1 lead as some chargers require its use but not the others. 

Haha I just immediately assumed it was an issue with the boat equipment. I'm hoping it's that easy, would be great! I'll find something to plug into the cord after work today. It was a pretty cheap cord at home depot, so maybe some rain or something got to it. 

17 minutes ago, BradM said:

Hey now, that's well above my pay grade. Just B.O.A.T. and get a new one ;) 

Do you have a milti-meter you can walk it back with? 

Sorry I cant be of more help. 

I do have a multimeter so that will be the next step if it isn't the extension cord. 

48 minutes ago, Zlenart said:

There are fuses there, but wouldn't I still get a Power LED light to turn on if one of those fuses was blown since they're between the charger and batteries and not between charger and power source?

yes,  is it possible that you hit a wire on the power block or negative bus that could have killed power to your plug at the boat.

1 hour ago, RacerxV6 said:

yes,  is it possible that you hit a wire on the power block or negative bus that could have killed power to your plug at the boat.

Well, that will still be cheaper that an entirely new battery charger. If it's not pouring rain after work I'll be headed down that way to trouble shoot

• Like 1

Well, it was even easier than that. Despite the GFCI LED being lit green. There was no power coming from the outlet. I tripped the reset button multiple times the other day and it did nothing, but for some reason it worked yesterday. Got the power LED and LED indicators for all three banks to light up. 

Definitely a best case scenario here!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1