Cheese grate for a Pathfinder 22TE

FROZEN

About 4 years ago, I purchased from MBG, and had the cheese grate plate replaced by my local dealer on my ‘08 22TE. It was a preemptive replacement as the original one started to look bad. The boat was in the shop for the 1000 hr engine service anyway . Lately, my live wells have slowed down, and the raw water wash down doesn’t work, motor OK.

On the lift, I tried to inspect as best I could and found “weeds and such” hanging out the holes. Makes sense!

My question is ..... my plate, purchased from MBG, does not have the round holes which are mounted on the stern side. I only have a full plate of the “scoop holes”. Did I purchase an older, original design ? Is the version with the round holes currently pictured on MBG gear, an improved version. Should I replace with the below round hole version? Better live well performance with the new?

image.jpeg.b3598f218502dca95958f808939b728b.jpeg

314A8AC4-091B-48DC-89D5-9584A28001DC.jpeg.05e4abe4d49c5a95aae76714bd38c73c.jpeg

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!!!

Sorry I can't answer you questions about the cheese grater, but back-washing your live-well system is important. While on the lift, after my initial clean-up, I flush the live-well system with a garden hose. Just spray into the live-well discharge ports and that usually flushes stuff out of the system. Also, if you have strainers on your live-well pump, the stainless mesh screens will last much longer sitting in fresh water than in salt water.

If your wash-down motor is running, but no water is being pumped, you have some debris in the diaphragm of the pump. It's pretty simple, just take the plate of the front of the pump and you'll see the rubber diaphragm. All it takes is one small piece of grass to keep the pump from working.