Fuel tank cleaning/service prior to Repower?

M-squared

Repowering next month, and curious if I should have tank emptied and cleaned?? Currently has 50-60 gal.

Boat is a 2003 Pathfinder 2200v and I’ve never done anything fuel tank-related....as I’ve never had any fuel-related issues with previous motor that was a VMAX/HPDI. Always used Rec90 w/ Ringfree and “big blue” separator.

FYI - tank w/ 60 gal was topped off w/ 35 gal in April/May 2020. Prior to topping off, last fill was Dec 2019. 

M-Squared , Hi I repowered a 2003 22v in 2015 and did not do anything to clean the 60;gallon tank. Important to not that I only used Recreation fuel, no ethanol what so ever, used Stabill Fuel additive in the SW Fla summers when the boat was not used as much and the Yamaha Ring free additive. I had approximately 1000 hours on a 2003 200HPDI when I repowered with a 200 SHO.  I did have to reprop with a 17” OFX from a 19” OFX because of a different gear ratio.

M-Squared,I repowered a '99 2200v last year.  60 gallon tank as well.  I bought it hull only and I had no idea how long the gas sat or what kind of fuel was used.  I used a tank cleaning service.  The service drained the tank cleaned it it out and got rid of the fuel I had in there.  I looked at the fuel and it was in bad shape, not to mention it did have water as well.  After I cleaned the tank, I replaced fuel filters every five hrs., twice.  The third filter has about 55 hrs.  I'm using cannister filters  without the bowl. I use ethanol free only and the boat is kept under cover.  I fish once or twice a week.

That's my experience, and I haven't had any issues whatsoever.  Might be over kill in your situation, but when I started my project I budgeted for a tank cleaning.

Mike, I too am in SW Fl.